Any idea on the breed of my beardies + Babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyshha

Hi everyone !! So I have 2 rescued Bearded Dragons and I never knew what breed they were. My boyfriend and I mated them and the babies are about a week and a half as of right now . I just wanted to know if the babies with the purple are going to stay that way ( I hope so ) and if you guys have any ideas about my beardies breed. My male is huge , I thought he could be a German giant but I'm still unsure .
92873-8553208485.jpg
92873-6148824058.jpg
92873-2097500647.jpg
92873-9091081516.jpg
92873-716426969.jpg
92873-4028542577.jpg
92873-4204500341.jpg
92873-3223363138.jpg
92873-6907861554.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The large orange one in the first pics may have citrus tiger or firetiger in him. Just how big is he ? He does look like a good sized dragon. :) The babies look like normal/standard phase beardies. It will be fun to watch them grow + change, some may develop + keep a bold pattern and have more color than others.

Lyshha

Original Poster
I have my adults on crushed walnut shells , it's cheaper than sand and a lot easier to keep clean . I get it at my local reptile store . So it last longer . I keep the male in a 40 gal tank , from head to tail he is 20 inches long . My female is smaller and is in a 20 gal tank under his tank stand . They are separated all of the time , I do give them bathes together and occasionally let them run around the house together , while keeping a close eye to make sure they don't mate . The babies are on a sand matt . It's safe for them to be on it and it looks like real substrate , without the harm of them ingesting anything .

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Lyshha":353ort32 said:
I have my adults on crushed walnut shells , it's cheaper than sand and a lot easier to keep clean . I get it at my local reptile store . So it last longer . <<Nooooooooo.....!!! Quite the opposite, really. Great breeding ground for bacteria and all kinds of funk. Not to mention the fact that it's not digestible and will clog up your dragon's systems if they eat any, whether intentionally or not, leading to severe impaction issues and even death... I vote NO NO NO on the crushed walnut.

I keep the male in a 40 gal tank, from head to tail he is 20 inches long. << Pretty standard, actually, don't think there's any Giant in there (but you never know for sure unless you bred them yourself! :) ). Most of my adult males have been 18-22" long. :) My female is smaller and is in a 20 gal tank under his tank stand << 40 gallon is the absolute minimum for an adult bearded dragon, 20 is too small. 4'x2'x2' for each adult dragon is the recommended minimum home size, as kingofnobbys stated. :( . They are separated all of the time , I do give them bathes together and occasionally let them run around the house together , while keeping a close eye to make sure they don't mate . The babies are on a sand matt . It's safe for them to be on it and it looks like real substrate , without the harm of them ingesting anything .

Congrats on the new babies! They look super cute and will definitely be fun to watch grow and change colors! :) Glad you're keeping them all separated, breeding is a super stressful thing to do, so keeping your lady dragon safe and happy will benefit her greatly. Hope she's getting some extra calcium and TLC, she could have another clutch (or more!) of eggs coming!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Please take the crushed walnut shells out IMMEDIETLY!! These are very dangerous and one of the very worst substrates possible. Replace with a non-partical substrate such as non-adhesive shelf paper, paper towels, reptile carpet, etc.

Also, please make sure to get your girl a bigger enclosure at once!! A 4x2x2 is the minimum for adult dragons.

What lighting do you have for all of your dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom