Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUMBOLDTGUY

LJean said:
With tube lighting they need to be within 6-8 inches of the bulb or they are not getting any good uvb.

quote]
I HAVE OSKER IN A 75 GALLON TANK THATS PRETTY TALL....HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT GETTING THE LIGHT THAT CLOSE?? ALSO WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A GLASS TOP FOR IT AND GETTING RID OF THE SCREEN....WILL THE UV LIGHT GO THROUGH THE GLASS?

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
quote]
I HAVE OSKER IN A 75 GALLON TANK THATS PRETTY TALL....HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT GETTING THE LIGHT THAT CLOSE?? ALSO WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A GLASS TOP FOR IT AND GETTING RID OF THE SCREEN....WILL THE UV LIGHT GO THROUGH THE GLASS?[/quote]

No, this will not go through the glass. Think about it, you can't get a sunburn through a car window. The optimum placement for the tube is above your beardies basking spot, inside the screen or cover. I think a lot of people use the tanks lighting system that comes with it, but do not use the cover. Or if you get creative, you can think of ways to rig your light under the screen. I would not go with a glass top, how would your beardie get fresh air? The key to "getting the light closer" is not moving the light any further down, but moving the basking spot up at least 10" under the UVB. You can use logs, vines, rocks, decorative pavers, etc. The trick when you get it up there is getting your basking spot at the right temp. God luck with it, let me know if you need anymore help. I've been trying to get it right for a month now...and I'm still playing with the lighting and basking spot!!!

HUMBOLDTGUY

Original Poster
lol...i got fried through my car window last weekend.....as far as fresh air the tank we have has 2 screens so i was just gonna replace the one on his basking side....i guess hes close when hes in his spot on the log, but i read on my package for the reptisun that screen tops cut uv rays by 30 percent....a cant really leave the top off cause we put his heat lamp on it and we have a cat....so far she doesnt pay him any mind at all but id hate her if she ate him

HUMBOLDTGUY

Original Poster
krystalsboy":71ef4 said:
can you post a picture of your viv so we can take a look at your setup?
3281_1112115653886_1556740409_1873698_1468452_n.jpg

krystalsboy

Hatchling Member
looks like your UVB is facing out. can you turn it down so the bulb is resting on the screen? It won't melt anything as the bulb does not get hot enough. Good looking viv though. What are in the two lamps?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I gave you your own thread so the other one can get the attention it needs. When you have questions/concerns, it's better to start your own thread especially since that other thread had some serious issues going on. All the answers you get now, will be for your particular beardie.

HUMBOLDTGUY

Original Poster
krystalsboy":47cbc said:
looks like your UVB is facing out. can you turn it down so the bulb is resting on the screen? It won't melt anything as the bulb does not get hot enough. Good looking viv though. What are in the two lamps?
its facing down....its kind of a crappy fixture and doesnt have sides on it....pretty lame that i can get a 36 inch bulb at every pet store in town but have to buy a janky fixture at the hardware store cause none of em carry fixtures

there is a 150 watt basking/uva bulb in one lamp....and the other is his ceramic heat emiter for night time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom