Any feeder dealer in Phoenix, AZ area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciege

Unfortunately with the current temps here in Phoenix, AZ I've had bad luck with getting in Phoenix worms. I am wondering if there happens to be a dealer here in Phoenix that sells Phoenix/Repti/Calci worms so I can forego the shipping.

I typically go to Arizona Reptile Center but they don't carry Phoenix worms anymore (or at least haven't for a year or so).

Thanks all...

Dr. Phoenix

Hatchling Member
The Pet Shop in Mesa, AZ, has fresh Phoenix Worms in stock. Contact them at [email protected]; their website is http://www.thepetshopaz.com.

It is a challenge to ship Phoenix Worms to Arizona customers in the summer. However, the worms are more hardy than most feeders and if the post office will HOLD FOR CUSTOMER PICKUP instead of delivering the package on a mail truck, we can often ship successfully even when temps are quite high. Write us a note on the "special instructions" page of the order and ask us to mark your package to be held for pickup. Then be sure to follow-up with your local post office to let them know you're expecting a Priority Mail package which contains live food and must be kept inside where it's cool. Riding for hours in a hot mail truck will stress or kill live insects.

Craig Sheppard, Ph.D.
President, Insect Science Resource LLC
Emeritus, University of Georgia
http://www.phoenixworm.com

Ciege

Original Poster
Thank you for the info (both here and from our direct communication).

I did place an order from you with a Hold request. Once I figure out what PO my shipment will go to I will call them and re-confirm that request. Hopefully the shipment is wiggly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom