Ants In My Dubia Bin! What Do I Do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
Hello all you helpful people!

Well, as it says, I have ants in my dubia colony/bin!
How do I get them out??

I need to do a cleaning and inventory on my dubia anyway, but I'm worried that some of the ants will get in with the babies or something, and will wind up being in the newly cleaned bin?

Does anyone have good tips for getting them out? I've seen tips on keeping them out, like double sided tape and borax powder, but I gotta get the suckers out in the first place before worrying about keeping them out, I think...

Aaaany little idea, tip, advice, or method would be super appreciated!!
Thanks so much!!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You have to no it the old fashion way a good cleaning and separate them. Then double sided tape on the outside of the clean bin to keep them out. Good luck.

aussiefreak101

Hatchling Member
I had this happen to me last month. I used my metal spaghetti colander to separate the babies from the ants, worked perfectly. Any left over cleaning to large debris I picked out, and any stragglers dumped in the count bin were fine. I then kinda hand picked and counted from there so make sure none were dumped from the count bin into the clean bin. I moved the bin into a different room for a couple days while I sprayed the perimeter of the room to keep the ants out. No problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom