another urate question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missi

Hatchling Member
Something new to worry / wonder about .
Jim has been in a winter slow down since late Nov . His last shed was in Oct . Even though he is eating very little I have still been giving baths every day , every other day a few times . He will poop 1 or 2 times a week . The last few poops had a harder urate at the beginning with a litte soft urate . I still give calcium 5x a week and vitamins 2x a week on what ever live feeders he eats .
He should not be dehydrated with all the baths he gets so what would be causing the hard urate?
He does not strain to poop and otherwise is fine . I did a fecal which was clear . The only new thing was he had some hornworms , could these be the problem?

Jim is 11 months old , 21 in and 525g . His basking is 105 , 40 g breeder with reptisun 10. Tube mounted inside .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Missi....it wouldn't be the hornworms, they have a high moisture content and , if anything, would help to soften the urates. It may be that he's getting too much calcium. At 21" he is nearly done growing so he's not using that much anymore. You might cut it down to twice a week, maybe 3X to see if there's a difference. Also, just the fact that he's eating less might play a role because insects + veggies contain moisture , so less food = less moisture content in his poos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom