Another Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a while on my progress on getting a beardie. School's been pretty hard and I can't wait until its finally over which will be in 5 weeks. I'm also in danger of not graduating which is stressing me out really badly. In other news, I still have not gotten a bearded dragon. A lot has been going on in my life lately. I found out I have PTSD, Bipolar, and a Vitamin D Deficiency so I'll more than likely be getting benefits checks soon. On the good side of things, I will be getting my first job very soon and hopefully, I will have my Beardie sometime in August.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
When you say benefits, do you mean disability/SSI?

I just stopped working as a disability examiner (worked claims to determine eligibility). If you have any questions about the process, feel free to PM me.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Good luck - it can be a confusing process, but hopefully you'll have a helpful examiner! Definitely makes sense to wait and apply as an adult; it can make things complicated if you apply before you're 18, but turn 18 during the application process. (There are completely different procedures for determining eligibility for children versus adults, which is where so many people run into problems if they've been allowed as children and want to continue benefits as adults.)

That being said, offer to help stands indefinitely - PM me anytime you have questions. :) And again, best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravenn
Top Bottom