Another reptile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I can't wait either. When you decide feel free to PM. I'm familiar with TFS and leo care. Good luck!!! :lol:

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thankyou I need all the help I can get ! I've been watching videos to educate myself a bit. Today I nearly did cartwheels since 3/4 of my superworms are about to become beetles and lay their eggs. I'm not in a rush so i'm taking time to make sure everything's ready & perfect. My birthday isn't until October 4th

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So would crickets, wax worms & superworms be good for a fire skink? I was told no woodchips cause it can hurt them.I know they love to dig so what subtrate would you suggest. Maybe sand mixed with something else? Read it has to be kept humid and also a waterbowl big enough for them to climb in. How often do you replace yours? The article on Fire Skink Care Guide says 2-4 months but I just want to make sure. I tend to clean my animals tanks every other week just cause I don't want it looking dirty or them getting sick. I won't be using hot rocks but I do have UVA and B lighting. So dusting their food is still necessary right? I have a rottweiler, 40 gal. fish tank , cat, beardie & a betta fish in a small 10 gal. My beardie and betta stay upstairs in my room since I bought them. Will the fire skink get along with my beardie okay? My beardie warmed up to my betta Merlin right away So I don't think it should be a problem , I keep my beardies 50gal. near my window but might be moving it soon, their tanks will be on opposite sides of the room. I would like them all to be able to interact and get along since I especially take my beardie out for walks and things alot.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I keep Vraska in coco fiber which she loves.

I feed her five super worms a day after handling her. More than five made her overweight. She never cared for wax worms and I used to feed her crixkets fine before switching to supers.

I replace her substrate every 3-4 months. She buries her poo so I can never find it.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was just told they need alot of variety and i'm expecting a ton of superworms soon from breeding them so that shouldn't be a problem giving 5 a day. Did you buy your Vraska at the store? I am unable to order from online. Thankyou for all this info it's been very helpful

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I found Vraska at Petco one sale for 75% off. She was a great find.

You'll have to ask AHBD more detailed questions because I'm not sure about the variety thing. Vraska eats whatever I offer her. No fuss or pickiness like Jace.

AHBD walked me through my care of Vraska.

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay well I go to Petsmart and things every month for my animals stuff. Yes about the variety they said you can't just give them superworms for a week, they said you have to include crickets and other bugs

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Will do. I have a vet appointment on the 22nd with Vraska so will find out some more then. Unless AHBD chimes in of course.

He knows much more than I do.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
A 20 long is plenty though some say bigger is better. It depends on you and your preference. Vraska topped at 10" and seems content and happy in her 20 long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom