Another poo question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's favorite, right?
So since I got him on Monday afternoon, Loki has pooped twice, once on Tuesday and once today. Both times there was a small amount of urate with a brownish chunk attached to it, and a larger greenish poo with liquid. Today the poo definitely had undigested phoenix worms in it. Should I worry or is that just going to happen every so often? He has a basking spot at about 102, cool side and under his hide is 78-80. I put him in his basking spot after feeding but I let him go where he wants after that. I fed him kind of a lot today - about 20 med phoenix worms, then later after I got the shipment I offered him some horn worms, wax worms and a couple silkworms and he gobbled up everything I offered (6-7 smallish horn worms, 4 wax worms, 2 silk worms). Still won't touch his salad, though. He went into his hide for a while after that but just now he climbed up into his basking spot.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Phoenix worms sometimes come out whole (even alive!) if they aren't punctured or chewed. If the rest of the meal was digested and just the BSFL remained whole your probably fine.

Great to hear your little one is eating well already!

lori2plus1

Original Poster
Thank you, I feel better knowing that! And yes, it is so satisfying to watch him eat, I can definitely understand why they sometimes end up overweight! :D

Pazuzu

In the morning if you put some salad in his bowl about 2 hours after the lights come on and then weight to feed incects for a few more hours he will be forced to eat his greens if he gets hungry. Don't fill the bowl vary high so he can see it better. I had to hand feed my dragon a little bit before he started to eat from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom