another newbie question sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys really sorry about all the questions but i have been really confused by my local reptile store who seems to no absolutely nothing. anyway wanna know if a habistat dimming thermostat is suitable for my berdies as it seems to be the most common one available on the internet but the dial only goes up to 98f
thanks for your help again

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't use the one that only goes up to 98 degrees. Go to Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart. They might have one that goes higher. Do you have a baby? or is yours an adult? If he's a baby, you need one that goes closer to 110. If an adult, Redrock seemed to prefer it around 100, 102 was too hot for her. From what I've read, a lot af adults prefer it at or around 100, so even then, the 98 dimming thermostat wouldn't work very well. I haven't tried to find one because my husband is home all day, unless we go to Tucson to shop for required items. He keeps a very close eye on the temps and he needs to prop up Zoom's basking light later in the day because as the temps rise in our bedroom, so do the temps in her tank.

BenGatenby

Original Poster
can anyone suggest a possible thermostat that i can use then as i can't find a reptile shop online that sells a thermostat that definitely goes up to 115F. p.s i live in the uk so can't go to walmart or any other U.S store as we don't have any stores like that in the uk (they wouldn't fit :? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom