Another New Comer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBragg

Hi all!

Just a quick introduction. My name is James, I am not new to reptile keeping, I have been keeping reptiles for around ten years now, started out with a White Spot Gecko, then onto a Leopard Gecko, Then a beardy (Who is now 7), Then Poison Dart Frogs, a Corn Snake And now another Bearded Dragon.

I have heard alot about this site, many great things and reading through there are some awsome tips here.

So anyway, I will slowly put pics up of KiiKii my seven year old Male, but for now, here is the little guy who is currently named Smaug (Blame my Fiance). He was bought yesterday 16/5/09 and is three months old and living in a small 20gal Tank. But I am going to scratch build a four/five foot Vivarium for him in the next three months or so.

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0011.jpg

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Hello and welcome aboard!!!!! Cutie you have there... Theirs plenty of good info on here and great people to help out so if you have any questions just ask!!!! As for you building your own viv if you need any help just ask around on here cuz there's lots of members that built there own as well......

Lance

JBragg

Original Poster
OK So I may have been wrong about his age. It seemed a little off to me. According to a growth chart lurking somewhere around here, little Smaug appears to be around 6 to 8 weeks old. Seems more apt for a tiny little beardy.

Anyway, three days into his new home, he seems settles, I keep spending as much time with him as I can, talking to him, putting my hand in the tank just so he can get used to it. He is eating very well, although I am not sure if the veggies that were there yesterday have been eaten by him or eaten by some stray crickets. He really isn't sure about his water bowl but I spray him twice a day and he enjoys that, he runs to his basking spot and flattens out totally. Crickets are going down really well, eating bucketloads of the calcium dusted critters.

One quick question, I have seen the nutritional charts for veggies but there is nothing mentioned on Rocket leaves, thats what I keep putting in since I have a few rocket plants. Are they suitable for a staple veg?

And finally now I have found my decent camera, here are some pics.

Feeding time
DSCF3183.jpg

Freshly Sprayed
DSCF3186.jpg

Chillin'
DSCF3189.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom