Another new baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Woohoo!!! Just got back from the Westchester Reptile Show. And of course I couldn't resist getting another baby!!! :D This would be my third!! So now I have a 2 1/2 year old male....and a 6 month old....and a brand new baby :blob8: Who probably would like to be put into his new home so I should probably go do that. And of course will have to take some pics to post later.

Be back later with updates!
Sandy :D :blob5:

ozric

wow - 3 beardies? it is all i can do to keep up with one! congratulations and best of luck!

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL they are like pringles (I love them too!!!) Might be a good name for baby.....huuummmmpphhh!!! Will have to toss that around. Was thinking I would stay in the Harry Potter theme for names....but that could be cute.... :roll:
Sandy

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok...here are some pics of new baby :blob5: :blob8:
324.jpg

330.jpg

335.jpg

345.jpg

And of course the big boys want to be included in the picture taking :roll:
This one is of Harry (the fatty). He is about 2 1/2 years old and 21 inches long....bought as a 7 month old at Westchester Reptile show about 2 years ago.
350.jpg

And this is my first baby bearded, Weasly, which I got back in July at the Westchester Reptile show. He was 5" long when I got him...and now he is 15"...and well on his way to being the next fatty!!
356.jpg

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am very excited to see that the baby has eaten today...probably eaten about 10-15 crixs today and a couple of small phoenix worms that I managed to pick out of the mediums I had. I got medium phoenix worms at the show yesterday for Wease...cause that was all they had left...plus I hadn't gotten the baby yet so don't have any small ones on hand for baby yet (I placed an order yesterday so they should be here tomorrow or next day) I was impressed that the baby ate today since I thought he might still be stressed from being in new place. I remember when I got Weasly he didn't really eat very well the first couple of days...so was sort of expecting this one to be the same. And he even picked at some salad to...so overall a good first full day.
:mrgreen:
Sandy

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update on baby.....

The baby ate better the first day I had him home than he has the last 2 days ...go figure! I am trying not to stress about it...but can't help myself. :oops: Tends to hang out with his tiny little belly (course if he turns out to be anything like his big brothers his/her belly won't be tiny for long!!! :D ) up against the glass either in the corner or just along the front....so adorable...although can't be comfy!! Hopefully will eat a few more crixs a little later.

Ok...back to just watching my baby :oops: (Probably isn't eating cause he is wondering who the freak is standing there watching him all day?!?!?) :blob5:

Sandy

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am getting stressed!!! The baby isn't eating all that well still. It has been a week and was kind of hoping he/she would be adjusting better. I have only actually witnessed him eating maybe a couple of crixs and 5 or so phoenix worms...I have left a few worms or crixs at atime in his cage and left him alone to eat...seems to prefer privacy. I just feel like my first baby was eating better than this. He has pooped at least once a day...sometimes twice a day....so apparently is eating something. Could he still be adjusting after a week??? :?

Any advice appreciated!!
Sandy

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sadly, I am updating to say that my baby didn't make it :cry: :cry:

She (not sure if was a girl or not...but felt it to me) hasn't been too interested in eating since the first day I brought her home...yet she would eat a 2-3 crixs or 2-3 phoenix worms each day and pooped once or twice each day. But each day she just got more listless...spent more time napping. I was really worried about her last night and wasn't sure she would make it through the night. When I got up this morning she was still alive but barely wanted to wake up...when I picked her up she would squirm a little but then would just lie down in my hand or when I put her back in cage just lie where I put her. She died later in the morning. :cry: :cry: It's very sad!!! Who would think you would get attached so quickly...I only had her 2 weeks as of Sunday...but I ended up crying for her today :oops: :cry:

Thanks everyone who gave me some advice as to what to try to help her out!
Sandy

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
OMG what a cutie!!!! I got my baby at the Westchester Reptile show, too! I got mine the last show in Nov. '08 . Wow 3 beardie's, that's awesome! I have 1 beardie and a black and white tegu. Good luck with the new baby!

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Barbara!
I know it seems silly to be so heart broken when I only just got her...but especially when they are little you just feel so helpless. :cry:
Rainbow Bridge is such a great site!! I found out about it a couple of years ago when I had to put my dog of 15 years down.

Sandy

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
Oh Sandy,
I am so very sorry to hear about your sweet little one. My heart goes out to you....God Bless....Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom