Angel - for those who wanted to see pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I kno times are pretty difficult financially at the moment. The calcium and the reptiSUN are the 2 main priorities right now to help get him well - so try to get those asap. As Tracy already mentioned petmountain do the reptiSUN tubes quite reasonably. Here is the direct link to the tube light you need to buy http://www.petmountain.com/product/fluorescent/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html - do not be tempted by any of the other tube bulbs on the market! then you can get a fixture quite reasonably at walmart, I believe.

Hope this helps and that he starts looking better soon!!!

T

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here's a coupon you can use at Petmountain and they do have the powdered calcium too.
Pet Mountain Coupon Codes and Deals

* Get $5 off orders $25 or more! (Expires 12/31/08)

Code: 5OFF

smaug85

Hatchling Member
Eraston":da5f8 said:
i bealive so.

See when i got Angel, the stupid petstore didnt tell me i had to get ANYTHING...they didnt tell me about his vitamins...they didnt tell me about his crickets or worms...instead they told me to buy a tank, a heat lamp, some bottled food wich he wouldnt even look at and some dead crickets in a can wich he wouldnt go near for anything.

so i was off to a very rough start with him, until i found these forums

I'm not trying to be nasty,but I think you probably should've done a bit of research before purchasing a reptile.
Pet stores tend to give people a bum steer sadly.
I hope your beardie gets well soon though :)

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
You also may want to get rid of the sand.You dont want him eating it and cause impaction.In the meantime you can use papertowel,nonadhesive shelf liner,ceramic tile,repticarpet.I am sorry the pet store gave you such bad advice.I know people go into this trusting the people you buy a pet from are supposed to give you the right advice.Do you have a digital probe thermometer to make sure your temps are correct?

Vicky

MissT

BD.org Addict
Smaug, there is no point dwelling on the 'should haves' etc - Eraston is here now and we should be focusing on giving him the help and support he needs to get Angel well! I know what its like being given bad advice by pet stores - I didnt even know what a bearded dragon was until my fiance came home one day with Abu on his shoulder and a list of nonsense info from the pet store - thankfully I found this site within 48 hours of purchasing her so she has had a very decent upbringing (IMO)!

Eraston, I did have a couple of other questions - I know you mentioned that he eats like a champ but what does Angel eat in terms of veggies etc? And how many live feeders, of what variety do you feed him on a daily basis? Have you been giving vitamins at all?

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
I may have missed it to but, I was curious what worms? You keep saying worms. I am glad that you posted pics. Because that tells us a lot of information. Jaw alignement, fat pads, overall size and condition, eye clarity, etc are all good things that we look for.

Ignore the people that are blatently being rude. The others are all trying to help with a sense of urgency.

I would check out a couple of caresheets to get a sense of where things should go. I like http://www.beardietales.net I think that a bunch of us on this site have gone through it when it was being made. If you do get liquid calcium it is important that you get the proper UVB lighting going with it. They work as a team together. But, you do NEED both of them. Also, you shouldn't use liquid calcium for an extended period of time. You should use it for brief periods. The powder is going to be a lifelong friend of your beardie once you get it. I really like Herpcare calcium or calcium D3 supplement depending on your UVB.

The best advice I can give you is to continue to tweek it and then continue to ask questions.

Ernie

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
Eraston,

YOUR IN MA??? I'M IN RHODE ISLAND!!! how far are you away from a bigger city that i would know of?

also, please give us an update on angel!

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
eraston, any updates?

if you wanted i could temporarily take her as we're so close to eachother and then when you save up the money for lights you can have her right back!!

please give us an update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom