Analyze this?..... The Joys of Poo (*Warning - Pics*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
So about 4 weeks ago I had to take Spike for a vet visit because she wasn't poo'n and hadn't for about 4 to 5 weeks. The vet stated that she was a bit impacted, but the poo overall looks good and didn't say too much more about it.
Spike had poo'd on the way to the vets office, and hadn't poo'd until yesterday (about another 3/4 weeks). Although I am extremely happy she poo'd, I am a little worried because of it being so much time inbetween poo's, and this poo looks alot like the last poo.
I did read in another thread that the white is pretty much the urine part and is normal. This makes me feel a little better, but there is also an orangish pink part - this part is hard and can be snapped apart. The contents of this orangish pink thing is white hard stuff. Does anyone know what this is? Should I be conserned about it? Is this the part that "means" she was impacted?
Well... here comes the poo pics :shock:

dec08%20026%20copy.jpg

dec08%20033%20copy.jpg

dec08%20027%20copy.jpg

dec08%20035%20copy.jpg

dec08%20037%20copy.jpg

dec08%20040%20copy.jpg

Thanks =)

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LOL... sorry it had to be done.

She now gets a bath as often as possible. If I had to break it down I would say about everyother day. Sometimes depending what I am working it is like 3 or 4 days in a row and then one or two days where I am unable to. She definately gets more baths no than she used to!

WAFisherman

Hatchling Member
Aside from the bathing in luke warm water, be sure your temps and UVB are good.

What is she eating? Silkies really soften the poo (too much for my beardie, so I stopped using them) and might be worth trying. And don't forget the greens! Collards, mustard, and squash for examaple :)

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yep.. do all that as well. Her main form of live food is dubia roaches. When I took her to the vet she stated that it looked like I was feeding her ones that were too big (although I was following the inbetween the eyes thing), so I have started feeding her even smaller ones and being no more than about 1/2 inch when the space between her eyes is about an inch.

Does anyone have an idea as to what the orange looking matter is connected to the white part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom