An early surprise-need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Start out with the 1/4" , sometimes those are even a tad large depending on who you order them from. No 1/2" crix until the babes are closer to 7-8".

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome thank you. I'm thinking as the second staple being Pheonix worms and hatchling silkworms. I can order silk eggs by the thousand so I figure that'd be best

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just want to thank you for all the help you've offered me. You were the poster who responded when these eggs were first laid and I appreciate it all. I'd be clueless and have made mistakes by now. :)

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Two more hatched and there's 2 more heads out today so far! They're all so adorable and tiny! I am going bin shopping tomorrow, I found a 70L bin to use today (it's around 2x2x2) how many can fit in there? They are all fairly active. I'm used to leo babies who just chill for a few days!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good that they're active. :) That size bin can fit about 4 babies until they're older, larger totes can fit 6-7. Be sure to mist them at least once a day so they can drink. They may not drink the first day, but the second day they should be thirsty.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I will mist them when I get home. They have a very shallow dish but I know even my adults don't pay attention to dishes. When should I offer some om noms for the munchers?

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So total head count before bedtime is 6 exciteable hatchlings and 4 peeping heads. They are so sweet! I have a question. How do I tell the morph? They all have strong orange and pink markings (both parents were orange) She is a hypo trans leatherback and he is a hypo het trans dunner. Any guideance is appreciated. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You will have to train your eye. :) Some will be leatherbacks, [ you can tell when you look closely ] some will be hypo, some trans., and some have the possibility of having all 3 morphs present, others will be het. for hypo + trans. They are either leatherback or they aren't, they will not be het. for L.B. I'm not sure how the Dunner gene comes into play as far as passing the gene along.

Begin offering a few crickets at a time on day 3. The babies will not be big eaters at first, so just chuck 6-7 crix in at a time, see what gets eaten, offer a few more. I shake the crix up a bit so they are slow + dizzy and the babies snap them up without the crix escaping under a branch or something else.

Tigresssnow

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I can tell the l.b. and trans apart! Lol. There's 5 leather backs, I didn't count the trans and I'm not sure how to tell the hypo. :D will post a huge post of every little one that's said hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom