An afternoon in the life of Stella - LAZY. 1/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":el6e4z84 said:
Love the pics! Ya think Stella's going for a shedding record!? :shock: All or noth'n with that girl! :lol:

SERIOUSLY! It is NO exaggeration when I say that she is in the process of shedding some part of her body at any given moment. As soon as she gets new skin, she's already busting out of it! :shock:

Apparently she was digging thru my insulated lunch bag last night, because when I got to work today and took my lunch out, a bunch of Stella Skin came fluttering out of the bag and onto my desk. Niiiiiiice, thank you Sweetie...

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping to get some pictures of the little princess when I get home from work today, as she is going thru a BIG NASTY shed again!

For the last week she's been really pale and "frosty" looking all over, everywhere except for her head, so I knew a shed was coming... But nothing, nothing, day after day, bath after bath, no shed. :?

Then yesterday, I went to pick her up out of her cage and she was "crinkly* sounding. LOOOOOOOOOOL She actually looked embarrassed.

So I put her out on the couch to start her afternoon exploration of the house, and we could HEAR HER everywhere she went. There was no question about "Where is Stella?" ...because we could hear her, just a'crinkling all over the place. She sounded like a little unopened bag of chips. :laughhard:

Then I gave her her bath, and put her back in her cage to bask again, and after about an hour I looked at her and she had POPPED and split open like a little baked potato!!! She had managed to cleanly split the dead skin open down her back and down her belly and around her arms and legs and tail! She looked at me like "help". :shock: And all bright neon orange underneath from what I could see. :mrgreen:

I fully expect to come home today to find her cage in shambles - I should arm myself with my camera as soon as I walk in the door, because I know EXACTLY what she's going to do today - she's going to rub up against everything in her cage and throw everything everywhere.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
LOL!!! :lol: That's too much! I can't wait to see pics of her 'new' color! Grab the camera fast! We all know it may only be a few days before the next shed starts! :shock:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, her cage was pretty much intact this time! I think most of the skin was already loose, she just needed to pop, and it fell off pretty easily.

Here she is!
IMG_0794.jpg

"WHATAREYOULOOKINGAT??!!?"
IMG_0795.jpg

Big Momma!
IMG_0799.jpg

This is what all came off of her today!
IMG_0790.jpg

MMMMMM WORMIES!!!
IMG_0803.jpg

Aww, my beautiful baby!
IMG_0787.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! :blob5: She's sooooo bright! What beautiful colors! :mrgreen: It's worth it Stella, you get more beautiful every shed :wink:

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hee hee, thanks! I think she's getting the whole shedding routine down to a science!

I just weighed her, she's at 249 grams (on "empty" - she crapped a huge pile under the dining room table before I weighed her - she likes to hold it in until she's outside her cage, LOL. I don't blame her!)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Holy Smokes! Myah's only 10 grams more and she'll be 2 in sept! :shock: (She didn't get the protein she needed when she was younger) We're making up for her diet now but my 'second chance dragon' will always be smaller. I love looking at pics of healthy sized beardies. Stella's like a super sized highlighter! :lol: When's her Birthday?

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":1j1o3g0x said:
Stella's like a super sized highlighter!

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Her birthday is 2/22/12

She's a pretty big dragon, but she - oh my god she just ripped my down pillow open. :shock: There are feathers all over the bed!!! She's been digging in the pillows for the last 10 min. WTH!!!

I don't even know what I was saying. :roll:

*goes to get hand-vac*

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
PonchoandDaddy":37icn6i5 said:
I LOVE STELLA!!! She is a big girl!! She's absolutely gorgeous!! :)

Aww, thank you! I'll tell her you said so. She my little sweetpea!

Suzan

OMG she sounds like such a trip to have. I know what it's like to vac. feathers. I came home from work and my 8mo. old puppy got my pillow. FEATHERS EVERYWHERE!!!! It's nice to hear others with feather problems. Thanx for the :laughhard:

casper31

Hatchling Member
Stella has some spunk! I love it! She's a beauty too...i love the lavendar bars. I think they are just beautiful against the brightness of her skin.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Wow Stella is looking good!! I know Chloe still misses her, she still runs over to where the cage was and waves at the wall!! Hahaha.

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom