amputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all, I received very scary news from the vet today that the male beardie I adopted has tail rot so he is now on antibiotics and scheduled to have a portion of his tail amputated on Tuesday.

I was wondering if any of you have gone through this and could tell me how he will be affected by it and how long the surgery takes. Basically I'm just one scared mama trying to get all the reassurance I can that he will be okay

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
I personally never have, but I have seen several things on it. As long as it doesn't become infected (which it shouldn't), your beardie should be perfectly fine. Its good you caught it!
Also, many beardies live very healthy lives with small portions and even their entire tail missing without any effect on their lives at all.
Course, now you should measures snout to vent, but that's really the only thing different.

MelLoughman

Original Poster
here are pictures of him, the vet said that a little over half of his tail has to go to make sure they get it all
full
/img]
full
full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you get a couple of closer pics of the near bottom part ? And do you know what happened ? It doesn't look that bad from those pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom