Am I underfeeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viral013

Hatchling Member
I feed my bd crickets in the pm. He gets about 10-15. In the am a handful of turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, etc... I was told to not feed kale b/c lack of nutritional value. He never gets mealworms. but he looks kind of skinny...please help I don't want to be underfeeding him. btw he just turned a year old in january!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
If that's how you were feeding him before he turned a year old, than yes... Under a year should be allowed to eat as many crickets as they can in 15 minutes 2-3x per day. By 18 months they should be cut down to 30-50 live feeders per week. How big is he? If he's undersized (He should be at least 18 inches), you should probably go back to the "big" feedings.

viral013

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's exactly 20 in. long. Should I feed him crickets as many as he can eat 5 times a week. Right now I feed him crickets 5 times a week I haven't tried pinkies and I really don't think worms are good for him.

LQDragons

Juvie Member
let him eat as much (bugs) as he wants in 10 minutes, 2X a day. Keep up with the greens daily. Are you using any calcium powder?

LQDragons

Juvie Member
with him eating crix, he doesn't need the added phosphorus. I don't know what the affects of to much phosphorus are, I'm sure some one else does

Epic

Juvie Member
I believe the phosphorus binds calcium, Not 100%
As far as feeding goes, opinions vary. Some say as many in 10 minutes twice a day, I feed my dragon crickets 3 times a day, and worms twice a day. Just keep the diet as varried as possible. Why do you think worms are bad for your beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom