Am I spoiling her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Meadow on my lap tonight while i watched a movie. She cuddled up, and i put the blanket on her, and she fell fast asleep. She was really content because she turned a lovely milky white colour. I put her back in her viv and she woke up. Sooo, feeling guilty, i wrapped her back up, and took her back ot the livign room with me. AGian, she fell asleep, i put her back, she woke up!!!! Now she is sitting in her viv WIDE awake. It's like having another kid i swear! Does anyone else have issues getting thier beardie to sleep. I Don;t normally take her out and let her sleep on me, we were having a girls night just the two of us tonight!! She is usually asleep by 9pm at the latest. Our other beardie turned in at 8pm tonight.

Any insights, or anyone wlse have similar behaviors?
:?:

techdave

Juvie Member
I always take Tiamat out for bed about 10:30. I put him on my chest, under my coat. He always wakes up when I put him back, but that's from handling him. Sometimes he'll throw a fit, but normally he'll stick to the schedule. But if I'm late, he'll stare out his viv all black until I get him.

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
Man...they do have littler personalities dont they? I came into the office at 0715 this morning and she was wide awake sitting on her rock. She was a really green mucky colour agian ( she's a translucent). I put in her fresh salad (which she is stuffing her face with), and the kids said hi to her, now she's turning a nice white agian. Perhaps she is spoiled and doesnt like to be alone.

techdave

Juvie Member
Funny like that huh? They're solitary animals except when it comes to their two-leg food provider. Then they need to be the center of attention at all times. :lol: Tiamat hates his viv. The only time he ever has a white tummy is when he's out pooping behind the laptop. :roll: hehehe

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I do the same thing with Louie at night. She snuggles up and falls asleep on me, and I LOVE it! When I go to put her back, I slide one hand under her belly, and one under her head. She wakes up sometimes, but usually goes back to sleep.

Am I spoiling her, probably! But, I don't care!!! :) Other people probably think I am crazy for treating her like a baby, but she is my baby! She gets in her carrier and goes for rides in the car. She lays on my shoulder while we walk around the neighborhood. And, I even find that I talk to her like she is a baby! :p

I say spoil her, and enjoy it!

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
HAHAHAH...i just about made my husband sleep on the couch when he said "it's just a lizard". Yeah...but when it comes to one of the cats its a big tadoooo!
It's just getting warm here, so Meadown hasnt been out much, but i do look forward to taking her out. We took her over to the neighbours house today and they thought she was awesome.
Today we took the background out o her viv, in part because she is shredding it, in part cause she likes to look out the window, so she has something to watch during the day.
Thanks for making me feel not so freak-like LOL

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I just asked my husband if he thought I was crazy with the way I baby her. He said no, he thinks it's cute! Right now, she snuggled up to the back of my laptop, stuck her head around the corner of it to see me, and went to sleep. Need the camera!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom