Am I just paranoid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paranoia or Illness?

Overview-
As you can see from my post a couple days ago I recently lost 2 baby beardies that I got from PetSmart due to stress (according to the vet) well I started to do research today on beardie illnesses and I may have myself paranoid but was starting to wonder if my 2 adult beardies have yellow fungus. It don't really look like the pictures on the internet and before I started doing research I thought it was just shedding but I would like your opinions.

Med Info-
The last time they had dewormer (panacur) was in April of this year that I got from my vet but he failed to tell me that I should give them a pro-biotic when they are on wormer and/or antibiotics.

Lighting/Food Intake-
My male kept hiding and was not getting enough UVB for a while so I took all the hides out of the cage and rearranged the lighting, so maybe this has something to do with it. Neither of them are eating crickets right now. The male will eat veggies only if I hand feed them to him and he did eat a few worms. The female ate a good many worms a couple days ago but won't eat any greens or crickets. Big mama also use to eat her rep cal bearded dragon food but won't touch it now. They both will lick baby food mixed with high protein recovery RS off their noses though. I think that they are just sick of crickets/veggies and that I am just paranoid b/c they both were great eaters and this is just recent. And I'm sure if they had yellow fungus from the meds in April it would've progressed a lot since then. I thought they were healthy until I started my research today lol, the vet told me Big Mama was so maybe you guys can help ease my mind.

Tank set ups-
10.0 reptisun desert UVB bulb
Basking temps around 100° F
Tile flooring (no substrate)

Sanitization-
Feces is cleaned up daily (most of the time as soon as it happens).
I use ammonia + water or Wipe out 1 (which has ammonium as an ingredient).
Each time they poo I remove them from their cages, wipe up the poo, and then sanitize it with Wipe out 1, let it dry, and then return them to their enclosure.
Once a week I remove everything and use ammonia + water to clean the entire enclosure and it's contents.

Can't think of any other info, so if there's anything else just ask please.

Pics-

Lover Boy-
His skin has a green tinge to it on the underside of his tail, legs, and belly and his vent looks a little odd at the top, like it is slightly irritated.
m18a.jpg

icl6.jpg

icl6.jpg

wbvw.jpg

sz3q.jpg

Big Mama-
She has a white patch on her belly.
I just had her at the vet a few days ago to check for parasites, they did a fecal exam but the vet said she was fine but I wonder if they missed something since they weren't looking for it.
6n4t.jpg

ur25.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....I don't see anything that looks fungal. The color is natural on the tail, maybe an extremely tiny trace of poo smudged in ? The oval shape though, is odd. Maybe just a strange patchy shed, but not fungal looking.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Everything looks normal...Looks like a shed spot happening on the stomach. You don't use a heat rock or pad do you?

Other than that everything looks good. The vent looks completely normal too.

TranceChamber

Original Poster
Mistyck,
Nope no poo there, I gave him a bath earlier today and washed that area good b/c I thought the same thing.

AHBD,
No I do not use heat rocks at all due to over heating issues. I use basking bulb during day and at night a night bulb when it gets chilly in here, no other heat sources.

Thank you guys very much for your replies I am feeling a little better! I am still a little worried about the little bump on the top of his vent though, around the rim of his vent on the top it looks a little yellow with a little bump there, or maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom