Am I just being Paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvisions

Hatchling Member
Serafina is not as enthusiastic about eating as she was when she first came here. She would eat anything I put in front of her. We don't know much about her background other than she was surrendered along with another somewhat smaller dragon. They had been housed together. The shelter separated them. I don't know the sex of the other dragon it's possible it was a male. I know the shelter had them under old fluorescent tube uvb lights and they were only giving them feeders 2 x per week (mealworms and crickets). She was at the shelter a little less than 3 weeks.

I've been keeping a log on her eating, activity level, weight and length since I brought her home. She was 150grams when she arrived and is now up to 264 grams. She has also grown a little over 1 inch in total length. She is alert, she basks, asks to come out for her morning walkabout every day, rarely shows stress marks, she never hides during the day. She won't have anything to do with crickets any more, she refuses to even look at them :? I have started a dubia colony but it still needs more time to get up and running although I have let her try some of the medium nymphs (when can she eat the male adults?) She does eat her greens. Today she ate one hornworm and a little salad. Even though she's slowed down on her eating, she has continued to gain weight.

I don't feel anything that might indicate impaction in her belly neither did the vet.

A few things that may be contributing to her change in eating habits:
She finished a full body shed on Jan 30
I moved her into her new enclosure on Feb 2 which is when her eating started to slow down I thought it might be relocation stress but it's been almost two weeks.

How old is your dragon? Don't know, we adopted her from an animal shelter
How long have you had your dragon? 5 weeks
How long is your dragon? 16 inches
What is the sex of your dragon? pretty sure female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 4' x 2' x 2'
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? Tile
Do you use UVB lights? Yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? MVB
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? 125 watt Exo Terra Solar Glo with Mega-Ray on the way
How old is your UVB bulb? 5 weeks old
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? exactly 12" to basking spot
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? yes, additional household spot 50 watt for additional heat when needed, also plain flourescent tube (non UVB) for additional light
What are the basking temps? 103-108
What is the cool side temp? 80-85
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? digital probe and temp gun
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? directly under light on basking shelf with probe and gun
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? No
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Greens: collards, mustard, dandelion, some occasional squash, crickets, supers, hornworms, phoenix worms, dubia roaches, will be trying silks when they are big enough, butters occasionally
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? greens in am, then couple hours later feeders, then feeders again mid afternoon and fresh greens, then try feeders again 3 hours before lights out
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? Yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? Yes Rep Cal Calcium Green label 5 x /wk, Rep Cal Herpivite multi 2x /wk
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? Yes, daily very regular like clockwork, but smaller since she's eating less.
Do you bath your dragon? How often? Yes was daily now about 5 x per week
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? no misting but offer water
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? No she's our only dragon, however she was kept with another dragon prior to being relinquished to the shelter.
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? Yes, she's had two fecals one at the shelter in Dec (negative) one at our vet on 2-6-09 also negative. Vet said she looked very good

cvisions

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bumping this up a little.

Today she ate 5 supers, 1 horn worm and some greens. So she has days when she eats more than others but still not anywhere near the level she was eating at 5 weeks ago.

cvisions

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So apparently I'm paranoid and talking to myself :lol:

I'll just keep an eye on her and watch her weight closely to see if it starts to drop. Hopefully she'll ramp her eating back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom