am i feeding too large crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

debz

hi ive had my 12 month old beardie 3 month now and he was doing fantastic my local reptile shope delivers my live food and said i needed to feed him bigger crickets.ive now changed to the bigger ones but pumpkin wont eat them if i put the tub near him he backs away and goes behind his rock.he still eats his locust and veggies with vigour.ive also noticed today that when he is out of his viv he tries to get the mcro crickets that i have for my baby bierdie. should i go back to the smaller crickets for him ??? ( just to clarify he was on large silent brown crickets and moved up to extra large )
Photo0262.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
He can eat the largest crickets, try only feeding 1 or 2 at a time and see if he will go for them.

debz

Original Poster
ive tried hand feeding him one at a time,just letting one lose in his viv even had one crawling on the floor for him he just runs and hides under his climbing frame grrrrrrrrr

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that size, there really isn't a cricket size that is too big for him.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice looking dragons there ! Just wanted to mention that, as Brandon said, he can eat any size cricket as large as he is. I also wanted to add, just in case you or others that view this don't know, that baby could be eaten in an instant. Every one who has pics like that on their website should have the " do not try this at home " motto along with it. LOL

debz

Original Poster
i am aware of this what you dont see is they are on my sons chest and him and his bro where there with hands ready to grab the baby the instant pumpkin so much as tensed up i just wanted a pic to show the diffrence in size to my young nephew and niece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom