Alternative uses for electrolyte soak?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hello,

I just had an idea, would it be safe to use electrolytes in an alternative as opposed to baths? Leo never drinks from his bath, so I would have bought something with no effect on his at all… could I mix it with water in a spray bottle to mist his greens with, so that he still gets the electrolytes he is missing out on?

If so, how often? It doesn’t say on the packaging the suggested amount for a bearded dragon, or any reptile in general.

What are your thoughts on this?

-Jackdaw

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

I just had an idea, would it be safe to use electrolytes in an alternative as opposed to baths? Leo never drinks from his bath, so I would have bought something with no effect on his at all… could I mix it with water in a spray bottle to mist his greens with, so that he still gets the electrolytes he is missing out on?

If so, how often? It doesn’t say on the packaging the suggested amount for a bearded dragon, or any reptile in general.

What are your thoughts on this?

-Jackdaw
@AHBD

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could, but it's not necessary. The salad items alone have the "electrolytes" that you'd be supplementing with anyways.

If he has a normal healthy varied diet, he isn't missing out on any electrolytes.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Brandon but if you want to use it once in a while to spray the salad so it doesn't all go to waste you can use a little bit but not all the time. But all in all you don't need it as Brandon mentioned.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
You could, but it's not necessary. The salad items alone have the "electrolytes" that you'd be supplementing with anyways.

If he has a normal healthy varied diet, he isn't missing out on any electrolytes.

-Brandon
Hi,

Yeah, I know it’s not necessary but it would be a pain in the neck to have it all go to waste. He does get a nice varied diet, so I’ll only mist it 1-2x a week.

-Jackdaw

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I agree with Brandon but if you want to use it once in a while to spray the salad so it doesn't all go to waste you can use a little bit but not all the time. But all in all you don't need it as Brandon mentioned.
Hi,

I’m thinking of misting it 1-2x a week. That way it won’t all go to waste, the product I have also includes probiotics which I’m hoping will help with his runny stool issue.

I haven’t actually gotten to buying straight up probiotics— I mean, I’ve had the time but never really thought of it up until now. Guess it’s just one of those days. For now, until I get my hands on the real stuff I’ll use this stuff.

-Jackdaw

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom