alternate UVB light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hi! I am working on getting him the Repti Sun 10.0 in the next few weeks. We have the r-zilla uvb light currently. It is no closer than 10" to him at this point. He is doing so great lately and we will be doing the proper lighting as soon as we can. Is the repti-glo any better than the r-zilla or is it worse?
Tracie--one of the links you gave me even gave repti sun a negative review but says repti sun rectified their orignal issues. Are there other ones that are just as good to use that I can easily find in a store until I can get the UVB.
Do not bash me for his current UVB light because we got this for him after we realized he needed one so for now it stays until I get the correct light.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
It is a tube right?

To the best of my understanding the ESU/Zilla flourescent tubes aren't harmful. They are inconsistent and don't put out sufficient UVB.
If it is a tube: you can get your beardie more like 6-8 inches and that would be great and work just fine until you replace it in a couple weeks.
I wouldn't recommend keeping it any longer than that! Definitely go with the reptisun over the repti-glo!!!!!

If it is a coil/compact... i'm really not remembering which ones got recalled, etc... so I'm hoping Tracie find this! :D

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I have the tube and Tracie said it was okay the way I had it but I should replace it with the Repti-Sun. Since I have the tube maybe that is why she said it was okay to leave it how I had it for now.
Just have to find money,etc to buy tube and fixture. Still in search of a 20 gallon long tank as well. My mom's work might have one as well. Gotta go check on temps and the dragon

Maranda

I too am having lighting issues till taxes come in. Military screwed our pay up and we are waiting for them to fix it. I have a RepiGlo. Unfortantly. Its the wrong lighting, but thats all they had for UVB lighting. I have really nice UVA lighting. So thats all I have as well. There isnt much out there for choices in the stores here. I understand the aggrivation on the lighting. But what can ya do. You just gotta work with what ya have till better comes along.

Maranda

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Oooo.
Online is the only place for UVB purchases. Selection's awesome and its invariably half the price of any store! lllreptile.com usually has good prices. Reptisuns for about $20 and T-rex MVBs for about $40.
You can find cheap fixtures at home depot or lowe's

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well since you asked, here is a picture close to what I have
http://www.thatpetplace.com/images/presentation/236054.jpg

In this picture it shows the tube wrapping around. The one I have it has 2 tubes on both sides and ends at both sides,(so a total of 4 short tubes) so there is no wrapping around. If I remember when it is off I will take a picture.
Thanks for the insight and will get the repti sun as soon as i have mula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom