Allentown Craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
I called the number just to see and the girl says she just got HIM. she wanted a female and the "breeder" had told her it was a female but it wasn't.
She also says that it is 2 years old but is small because it is a "dwarf" bearded dragon. So now she wants to get rid of it because it is not a female.
Other than that she would not tell me anything. :banghead:

ReptarsMommy

Original Poster
I am rather new to beardie types but I have never heard of a "dwarf" beardie. :( Unfortunately I see a lot of reptiles constantly being rehomed on craigslist. I wish people would think before they get animals...

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
yea, we are relatively new to beardies to but like you I have never heard of a "dwarf" type of beardies either. She did not seem to willing to answer my questions.
I also see a lot of them on craigslist in NC.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
no she did not give price. when i asked she changed subject. the whole situation seemed a little off to me. I hope though that someone is close to her and gets the little one so it has a safe home.

ReptarsMommy

Original Poster
I do. I wish I could get him but until I move I don't have the room or money to house another beardie. :(

I can already see how this is going to go when I get my house. 934508435 rescue beardies everywhere. Lol

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
I've had my beardie for over a year now, and I can tell you that there is indeed such a thing as a dwarf beardie, but not an actual "dwarf" in the sense of the Central Bearded Dragon. They are an entirely seperate species and i am pretty certain that they are not only extremely difficult to get a hold of, but the people who get them are not going to feed it pellets and whole wheat bread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogona_henrylawsoni
More often, people seem to call stunted bearded dragons dwarf bearded dragons. This to me (feel free to disagree with me) does not look like a a Lawson's dragon, so more than likely it's just a beardie who won't hit full growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom