All about Pearl :) watch her grow up through pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Beardie lovers :)

I just bought my very first bearded dragon at an expo 4 days ago, and i love her to pieces<3 I knew I couldn't leave that reptile expo without her... I couldn't resist her cute lovable face.
I've officially named her Pearl, shes about 8 inches long (tail included). I don't know much about bearded dragons but this site helped me out so much and I'm hoping to learn lots more! I want only the best for her :) She is a leatherback.
Anyways, Here are some Pictures of Pearl !!!

The day I first brought her home 7/28/12
hg.jpg

She was a little shy her first day in her new home,
fxv.jpg

7/30/12 My boyfriend Measuring how tiny she is hehe.. I think it's so cute how her tail has stripes but in the middle there's an 'x' .
v.jpg

Hopefully the flash didn't scare her :shock:
cvb.jpg

8/1/12 Pearls First bath :) She's shedding !
fgxc.jpg

gv-1.jpg

I have no idea how she got up there, but she sleeps so funny <3
download-4.jpg

grs.jpg

I can't wait until she fully gets settled in, i'm dying to hold her more!
The first 2 days I brought her home she barely ate. But yesterday and today she seems to be eating more and more :D I am so excited to own my first Beardie. I will deff be posting new pics, I kinda want to make this album of showing her growing up to a big and healthy adult :)

Lynnloveification

Original Poster
I have a question, I always have fresh greens for Pearl every morning. She never eats them :/ I tried putting freeze dried crickets in but shes so smart she dodges the salad and only grabs the crickets! How do you feed you beardie greens?

b6.jpg

b9.jpg

As long as my remote lol :)
b7.jpg

b1.jpg

Yes, she is a girl.. :)
b10.jpg

b2-1.jpg

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
The excitement of a new beardie was one of my happiest moments! I hope it's the same for you they truley are fascinating creatures! Have fun and always love/spoil you little pearl like the sun won't rise tomorrow!

Mariah94

Juvie Member
traceyb73":5vs7plyy said:
Who needs to see a half naked woman on a car when we have beardies? :lol:

The pics are so cute, but just a friendly reminder, (I'm sure you know, just makes me feel better to put it out so other people are armed with the right information) they don't feel heat from below and could easily get burned on a dark car in the sun.(This is the importance of the thermometers!!) They really are such delicate little things!! The reason I thought to put this info out there is I read that thread about the poor woman who put a rock in the viv and the poor little thing ended up with burns on her belly. :( I have a rock that I found outside in Zoey's viv but I have it on the cool side. (I know I am getting off topic and I apologize). The reason rocks on the hot side are dangerous is they retain heat throughout the day so even when the lights are off, they can still get hurt. Ok, ok, I'll admit it, before I knew this I had the rock on the hot side too!! Ok, I'm done now. :oops:

Phew I feel better now. ;) All that being said, they really are cute pics and you might want to send some pics in for the calendar! :D

And I'll say it again, THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE!!!!! Everyone here is so nice and so helpful. I do hope you don't get offended by what i said above. :oops:

Also for any newbies, make sure if you choose to use anything from outside (as I did), wash it off first then bake it. I am only a month into being a bearding mom and still learning more every day too.

I don't mean to hack this thread but I'm wondering if this could be the reason for my odd ball temps. For the first few hours it's a steady 105-107 but then it can randomly jump to 115-120! I have a rock, and a concrete piece as a basking spot? And I'm using an infared therm.

Lynnloveification

Original Poster
Sorry for long absence, been really busy with work and school.
Here's some update on Pearl <3

Wrapped in a little towel after her warm bath
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

She wants her daily playtime out of her cage :)
11.jpg

12.jpg

Her sleeping positions are so random :shock:
14.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

10.jpg

Shes getting so big :D
6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom