Alfalfa Hay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesleybird

Hi, I have been keeping my three healthy dragons for the last year. About 6 months ago I started putting handfuls and piles of the alfalfa hay in their enclosures. They love this to play in. It is nontoxic and stays dry. It should not hurt them if they eat it because it is also rabbit food. I put in their enclosures and pick up and dispose of any poop daily with a paper towel along with the hay in the area that is pooped on. Works well for me. Has anyone else tried this? I got the idea when I got them an outside rabbit hutch on Amazon for nice weather....got it so they will not have to walk on the cage wire. Lesley

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Alfalfa is a good plant. Haven't tried using hay, I can get fresh alfalfa in summer where I am.

I have to admit the idea of a wire floor sounds like it could be trouble. Can you put in a wood floor then some hay on top. I know exactly what you mean by that type of outdoor rabbit enclosure and I personally don't like the idea of wire floors for any creature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom