Alert and not stressed but low appetite and always hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am wondering if the UVB is too strong--- they will do that to get out of the rays of the UVB-- have you tried moving the UVB up I dont know the size of your tank ---- Arcadia bulbs are strong -- I have a 4x2x2 tank or 120 gallon and my UVB is the 14% Arcadia and its sitting what the box says 15" from basking --
Karrie

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1meiusnk said:
I am wondering if the UVB is too strong--- they will do that to get out of the rays of the UVB-- have you tried moving the UVB up I dont know the size of your tank ---- Arcadia bulbs are strong -- I have a 4x2x2 tank or 120 gallon and my UVB is the 14% Arcadia and its sitting what the box says 15" from basking --
Karrie

Mine is an 82 US gallon (i think). 45in x 22in x 19in.

The uvb is attached to the roof so 19in above the bottom of the tank.

Im tempted to turn it off to see what happens because hes burrowed right into the corner under his plant as much as possible.

Its odd because lve had him 3 months and its only this week hes being off

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is strange--- someone else is going to haft to weigh in on this-- I am at a loss
Karrie

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3q34zpl2 said:
That is strange--- someone else is going to haft to weigh in on this-- I am at a loss
Karrie

Thank you for your help so far though! I've been getting upset about it.

Might be a trip to the vet.

Ive turned his uvb off and only his basking is on and hes gone straight back to his corner, face first

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Something is off--- don't leave the UVB off too long but see if his behavior changes w/ it off
Karrie

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1gnb6w85 said:
Something is off--- don't leave the UVB off too long but see if his behavior changes w/ it off
Karrie

The last two mornings hes been up waiting for me to feed him. Today he had 6 crickets and has done a poo but after that has went under his log in the shade.

It must be the uvb. The more i think of it, hes always hid behind or under things, I just didnt realise before when he used to have a much bigger log.

I might have to try a lower % uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncook
Top Bottom