Ahh! I Am So Nervous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's how it goes. We picked Cooper up in the same way. Wandered into the store to look at cool lizards and this little guy came strutting to the front of the tank and put his hands up on the glass and moved side to side watching us as we moved. We had the infrastructure so there was no way we could leave without him. He picked us more than we picked him.

Raging

Original Poster
The shipping info said he would be here at noon! I am a complete bundle of nerves right now! I think I've checked and rechecked his tank a dozen times.

Raging

Original Poster
Oh my gosh! He is on the truck, and he's in the town where I work! About twenty minutes away!

Raging

Original Poster
His new roaches are out for delivery also- we'll see who makes it first. Its crazy to think that just yesterday he was in Arizona, now he's in Alabama.

I really hope he's happy ^^ The fact that he is either going into shed now or recently shed makes me worry about his eating.

Raging

Original Poster
He's here! And he's gorgeous! His body is in shed, but his legs and tail are freshly shed. His color is BRIGHT

My only dissapointment is that he has a tiny kink/nip at the end of his tail. Of course I still love him anyway, but it would be nice if that had been mentioned.

I Should probably leave the room now, he's staring at me suspiciously.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So glad he arrived happily! The tail kink will likely set itself right after a good shed or two.

Raging

Original Poster
I have no clue what I would do without this forum. Fiancé is at work and mom really doesn't care so I have no one to share my excitement with.

I appreciate the reassurances about his tail, Cooper. Like I said, I love him either way but I want him healthy as possible.

I put him in his basking spot, he's getting brave enough to move around some. Hes licking EVERYTHING in between staring at me. There are hardly any stress marks- I am shocked.

He was adorable when I opened the bag- I didn't have to search for him at all, his little face was poking out of the newspaper.

Aaanndd he just christened his new tank. Big poop for a little guy.

Raging

Original Poster
I put a small salad in his tank. I doubt he really wants to eat, but it's there if he wants it.

And his new roaches arrived! I waited on the porch for the mail carrier. I don't really want anyone to know I'm hiding roaches.

Raging

Original Poster
He actually ate a dubia roach. Just one though. I hope that is due to nerves and not because he hated it.

Quelaag

Hatchling Member
To add into the name conversation: If you haven't already named him yet, this may sound weird, but I named my little guy after browsing through Baby Name websites. My fiance and I wrote up a list of names we both liked and decided on whichever one we both agreed with, which ended up being Haru. We knew we wanted a gender-neutral name and we wanted it to be both cute yet strong sounding which Haru somehow suited quite well for us. It was either that or Solaire based off of a character from one of our favorite video games, but Solaire just didn't seem to suit him at all. So you guys could also list favorite characters from any series, movies, or games you like and see which one you both can agree on?

Also I hope you post pictures of your Beardie soon! I can't wait to see them if you do! :D

Raging

Original Poster
I actually have been using a baby name site! :D It's a great idea! For some reason, fiancé says he doesn't want to name him after any characters o_O I do not understand his logic sometimes.

I know it's almost a cliche at this point, but I love the name Thor. I'm an English/language arts teacher so mythology really appeals to me. He's also such a bright yellow, sun/lightning/light names make sense.

It is SO HARD to leave him alone. I'm trying to stay away and give him his space but I want to stare at him so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom