Agh! is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Hi guys ! haven't been on here in a while, hope everyone is doing well! It's 80 degrees outside today and I'm sitting out here with Charlie enjoy some natural sun. Well I set him on the grass in the sunlight like i do every time except this time, he decides he's hungry! I'm not sure what it is that he ate, it's not grass or clover. They are weeds i believe, the have three leaves like a clover but they are pointy. it almost looks like the canadian leaf you see, but wayyy smaller and green! Will he be okay? I just wanna make sure it won't poison him. I can take a picture of it if needed. Thanks :)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If you could post a pic of what the leaves look like, that'd be great. Without knowing what it was that he ate, the best thing to do is to keep an eye on his behavior (watch for any sudden twitching or stumbling, star gazing, inability to move limbs, disinterest in eating/drinking) and his poop (runny, strong odor, strange coloring).

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay, I did some research. I'm pretty sure they are Creeping Buttercup seedlings. If you google it and look at the pictures, the leaves look just like that. So, is he gonna be okay? :/

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, I watched him like a hawk last night. And every time I checked on him, he looked at me like I was crazy haha. I gave him lots of water hoping that would help flush anything or at least dilute some of the toxins, he only ate one leaf, maybe two. He is looking great this morning, perky as ever. Thank you so much for helping me :) I really appreciate it.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Alyssa! Glad to see you... wish it were under better circumstances.
Sorry to hear Charlie has you worried. Those little guys like to keep us jumping, huh?! :wink:
Keeping Charlie hydrated is a good thing. As Gail mentioned... just keep an eye out for any odd behavior. Hopefully, since a day has gone by and you haven't noticed anything different, he may be fine. Let's hope it was some other type weed and not the creeping buttercup.
Keep us updated as to how Charlie is doing.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi all! I think Charlie will be alright. He's really perky, hungry, and stompy. (is it spring already? :roll: :lol: typical male!) Thanks for all your help though! I'm definitely going to be super careful with him in the grass from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom