Aggressive behavior???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critter came out of his first brumation about 6 weeks ago and has been crazy since then. Temps are all within normal limits, UVB was new in Feb. Eating has been fine. All the same parameters that we have had since we got him 18 mo ago. The problem is he suddenly hates feet, especially if they are wearing socks! He will be perfectly fine lounging in his viv or around the living room and suddenly he will black beard and charge my feet. He will get a grip on my sock and shake it like a dog does with a chew toy! :shock: I know they build up hormones while they are in brumation but I thought it would have subsided by now. I have some video I will post as soon as I can upload it to Photobucket. Any ideas?

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like raging hormones..poor little guy. Maybe you could get him a small stuffed animal and let him get his frustrations out on it.

mustangshelly

Original Poster
UPDATE: I found a stuffed animal with fur that is short since I was worried about Critter eating it. Critter was very unimpressed. After a day or so I covered it with a spare sock I had lying around. Critter looks like a late-night wrestler! He still isn't fond of socks but now has an outlet!
Thanks for the suggestion!

BBTrucker

well maybe ssome 1 can help me with my dragon i try to keep his cage as clean as i can but Gator loves taking his poos on items that are not so easy to clean like cinderblocks. i keep them as clean as i can but it seems to be that hes been pooping in the same spot recently but when i get home or when time persist i clean it up but for the past few weeks gator gets SUPER deffensive of his Sh*t lunging from the top rock to bite at my knuckles to keep me from cleaning his poo. and now recently last time he tried doing that i moved my hand away and he landed right in his own fecal matter, needless to say he got a bath that day too but if any1 else has had a dragon that wont let u clean there cage any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom