age question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeganAlyse

Hatchling Member
I know, I know we've been over this before, but it's been a while. See, I understand that my bearded dragon that I purchased from petsmart about 7 months ago was no more than two months old, 6.5 inches long. You all are the fabulous lot that explained that to me. Now, 7 months and 10 inches later, I went back to petsmart to look at the baby beardies and this time, some cute little 3-4 inch long babies were on display. When I was talking to an employee about my little pooper, she mentioned that mine was probably not even a real bearded dragon because I estimated her age at 16 inches to be 9 or 10 months. She claimed that the store's beardies were 8 or 9 months old. Who's right?

-Megan

bjohnsey

i had that happen too me a couple weekends ago, i went to a taras event here in calgary and saw some 4 day old beardies that a women had brought to show off not to sell, and i went to pisces pet emporium and they told me that the same size beardies were 5 or 6 months old... haha

Freeie

Extreme Poster
A 4 to 6 inch beardie is usually any where from 2 to 6 weeks old. When my daughter went and brought Bobble home as a surprise for her sister. I asked her how old they(petstore not a breeder) said he was. He was about 6 inches they told her he was 6 months old. Witch i knew was bs. We later found out from the breeder that he was 2 months old when she got him. I dont think the workers really know unless they get the hatch dates. Bobble at 6 months old was 18 inches long. Size also depends on the care they get.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Unfortunately pet store employees sometimes give out bad information on pets. There are many people on here who can vouch for info about bad advice on husbandry etc they received at their local shop. They sell so many animals that they often know very little about the individual types and proper care much less aging etc. unless they keep them as pets themselves and have learned the information on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom