Advice please:

Jai67

Beardie name(s)
Spikey
Hey everyone, please be kind I have recently changed my beardie from a tank where he could see us and now to a bigger tank with blacked out sides

I feel like this has stressed him out a little bit and he’ll get used to it but I found out we were using the incorrect lights for 6 months so we fixed that up and this lady told me exactly what to get and she’s had bearded dragons for 10 years

What’s happening lately is he’s not staying in his basking spot as much as he used too just laying down on the sand near the log and digging he’s still warm until we get him out then he runs around and is so active

Another thing is this past week he’s been eating super worms and only wants them he’s completely off the woodies and crickets which he’s loved his whole life. He’s currently 7 months old and have tried every trick in the book to get him to eat salad does not want anything to do with it

I don’t know if he’s going through a phase or to just let him settle in his new bigger tank he’s had for 2 weeks sorry it’s so long one more thing he will only poo outside his tank now but it’s healthy looking poos

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone, please be kind I have recently changed my beardie from a tank where he could see us and now to a bigger tank with blacked out sides

I feel like this has stressed him out a little bit and he’ll get used to it but I found out we were using the incorrect lights for 6 months so we fixed that up and this lady told me exactly what to get and she’s had bearded dragons for 10 years

What’s happening lately is he’s not staying in his basking spot as much as he used too just laying down on the sand near the log and digging he’s still warm until we get him out then he runs around and is so active

Another thing is this past week he’s been eating super worms and only wants them he’s completely off the woodies and crickets which he’s loved his whole life. He’s currently 7 months old and have tried every trick in the book to get him to eat salad does not want anything to do with it

I don’t know if he’s going through a phase or to just let him settle in his new bigger tank he’s had for 2 weeks sorry it’s so long one more thing he will only poo outside his tank now but it’s healthy looking poos
It's relocation stress- please go over the lighting the lady sold you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Knew it would be thanks! It’s on my profile what lighting I have
Please replace the uvb bulb w/ a better quality bulb- Arcadia pro T 5 12% 24 watt or a reptisun 10.0 T 5-- top of screen is fine distance should be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor - please get 2 digital probe thermometers they are the best for getting accurate surface basking temps

Jai67

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spikey
Please replace the uvb bulb w/ a better quality bulb- Arcadia pro T 5 12% 24 watt or a reptisun 10.0 T 5-- top of screen is fine distance should be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor - please get 2 digital probe thermometers they are the best for getting accurate surface basking temps
We had a bulb before we were told to get these lights by 5 different people because we’re from Australia it’s like Arcadia strip uv lights

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Relocation stress for sure. The digging could be also relocation or he's too hot.

My boy also loves his superworms and will barely touch anything else if I offer them.

As for salads, he will eat if he's hungry enough. Sometimes you can stop feeding bugs for a day or two and he will start going for the greens more and more. But if he's not being introduced to eating the greens from a young age, it can be a challenge to get them to eat them later.

Jai67

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spikey
Thanks so much we started salads from when he was young he’s just to picky 😂😂 does yours hide heaps lately?

Jai67

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spikey

Attachments

• IMG_4371.jpg
    IMG_4371.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 23

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Thanks so much we started salads from when he was young he’s just to picky 😂😂 does yours hide heaps lately?
He did hide a lot until a couple of weeks ago, now he's running around and headbobing a bunch :)
He's also not eating every day. If he does not eat (or not much) one day, I'll not offer anything but salads the next day. Usually the day after that he will eat a lot of salads and then I'll offer bugs again.

What greens do you offer and how big has your dragon become so far? :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom