Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is about 7-8 months old, and is showing both signs of brumation and parasites.

I am going to get a faecal test done this week, my other half is convinced he is brumating (which isn’t unseen for dragons his age). He is lethargic but still eating a little bit each day (he had calci worms and locusts today). And he pooped every day apart from today.

What are your experiences of brumation and parasites? He doesn’t appear to be losing weight yet, but is very grumpy and doesn’t move much from the shade.

Info:

Temps are 40 degrees basking spot, 30 degrees warm end 24-27 cool end. He’s in a 4ft tank and is 15 inches, and looks a healthy weight.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a good idea to have a fecal test done before brumation just as part of an annual wellness visit. Acting sleepy while not losing weight does sound like brumation. They tend to be a bit grumpy and act like they're on sleeping pills. Some days they sleep all day, some days they are awake. It varies between dragons though. Just keep tracking his weight to make sure that stays pretty stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom