Advice please! (Baby beardie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

otaytita

Yesterday I switched where Slinky's lights were. His basking light is where his UBV used to be, and his UVB light is where his basking light used to be. I did this so he could be closer to his basking light, and so it could be the right temperature. It's now 105 degrees in his basking area and around 80 degrees everywhere else. However, I'm not sure he realizes they moved???? He's been laying under the UVB (which I know they need) but hasn't been basking where he should be. Obviously he should be able to feel the temp difference and I know he needs to bask to stay healthy. I've tried picking him up to move him to his new basking area but he doesn't stay there.

What should I do?

rjaimz1

This is fine, don't worry too much, He will figure it out. They have natural instincts to warm themselves if they get too cold. Is he still active?

Is there anyway you could move the basking lamp and the UVB to the same spot. Really you should have your UVB source and heat source close together so they don't need to choose which one to go to. It's like you're trying to replicate the Sun basically so they have a hot, light end of the viv (like being out in the sunshine) and a cooler, shadier end (like moving into the shade).

I would just keep placing him in his basking spot every now and again to remind him and hopefully he'll click on eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom