Advice on rehoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Hello all, after much consideration I have made the decision to rehome Duke. He's been with me since I was 11 years old and I feel like I'm letting go a huge part of my life. But I can't provide for him like I used to because I have become so busy with my life, and soon I will be away at college and unable to care for him at all. I was wondering if anyone has some advice to share with me on rehoming him. Since I've had him for years now, I am worried about him adjusting to a new home and owner. Also, I worry how he will adjust to the way his new owner will feed him and such, since I've been feeding him in a specific way his entire life. My biggest concern is that he will suffer from relocation stress... Can anyone shed some light on this, or have any experience rehoming their beardies? Thanks so much, it's appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I'm sorry that you have to part with Duke, this will probably be pretty hard for you. You will really want to try your best to screen the new owners. Get to know them before hand....start looking now and try to discern if this new owner has much beardie experience. Also if this is someone who is looking to breed Duke or if they have children that may be stressful because kids want to hold the dragon all the time and Duke may not be used to possible over handling and /or rough handling. Try to get a feel for who the new owners are, and don't sell him too cheap because you may attract flippers who will buy + then try to sell him at a profit. Even though you'll have no control over what happens to him once he's gone, try to get him in to the hands of someone who seems to be a caring person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom