Adult dubia STILL not breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph2one11

Hatchling Member
I've had my dubia for probably a month now (10 female, 1 male) andtheyve only had 15 babies :?

I have a human heating pad under there bin which keeps temps at 85-95 the humidity is at 40%-50%, I feed them food I bought online, and oranges, they also have water crystals.

Three days ago I added 10 more adult female and 4 more adult males, but I checked it today and still no babies :?

I'm stumped. If any one could give me suggestions on making my colony grow or anything better then please help me out.

Brieana

Hatchling Member
Maybe buy a couple more males? The little guy must be tired!
You know it takes about 30 days for a gravid female to give birth, right? Give it a little more time.

Brieana

Hatchling Member
Haha! Yeah. I remember being like that when I first got mine. You're checking on them too much, especially if you're moving around their egg crates or whatever they're hanging around on. Too much stress can cause a female to prematurely drop her babies, so try not to check on them more than every other day.

wykd

a watched pot will not boil....

just forget about them for a month, only go into the bin to feed them. With that few of dubias you dont want to use that startup colony to feed fro , so just let it go for a while and keep them fed with oranges, it will happen.

Buckmaster299

Hatchling Member
just like everyone said, give it time. If you are impatcient then look into buying more roaches but it is going to take time to start a successfull colony. I have had mine for going on 4 months now and they are just now getting to where they do not flip out when i open the bin to feed them and they are starting to mature enough to breed well. I went from feeding once a week sometimes longer to barely making it 3 days before they are out of food and water now and this is within 3 months so I know my colony is growing slowely but surely. Just give them time and quit bothering them. Also, make sure the area you ahve them in is dark as they do not like light at all. I have actually started covering them up just to make sure that it is dark inside the habitat. I hope you get your colony going well. Just bare with it. it will pay off in the long run :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom