adopting a dragon and need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
so im getting a dragon later on tonight.
the people who have him at the moment give him a whole load of crickets on a monday and let him eat them as he likes through the week. is that the right thing to do??
also they only give him lettuce so should i intreduce him to other vegges slowly or can i just give him new thing to eat straight away??

dmuehl

I'd give him other veggies right away. He'll pick out what he wants to eat. Each of mine have a different favorite...so I have a big mix of veggies that they get. I find each habitat has something different left in it.

I don't agree that you should put all the feeder insects in one time a week. I give mine seperately so I can monitor how much they are actually eating. If they decide to go on a veggie strike I back off the live feeders for a couple days...they always return to the veggies. If they go through the veggies in a couple of hours I give them a few extra feeders to curb their appetite.

Have fun with your new dragon....

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
First- welcome to our site. :blob8: It is great that you are asking questions ahead of getting him. He will be happier that way.

You are so right, leaving crickets in with him overnight is a very bad idea. The crickets will nibble on him in his sleep and leave nasty sores. Dragons sleep like rocks and don't even notice. Many of us use a seperate container to feed them, so we don't have to chase down stray crix.
You can check out the Beautiful dragons caresheet at the top of the page. Just click on caresheets and articles, and read up! :study: :D I have learned soooo much from just reading on this site. The folks are great and always willing to help. Any questions, just ask. Someone will jump in and answer.
Good luck and enjoy your new beardie.

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom