Adopted dragon with MBD. Experienced mbd owners, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Okay guys. So this guy is in a 55 gallon (going to try to trade for a 40 g hopefully) anyways the owners claimed he was given to them in a ten gallon tank at 4 years old. They've had him for 2 years without any UVB (they said he was dumped on them) and bought him the 55. He had his crickets and romain lettuce dusted with calc w d3. He was also fed supers and kept on sand. He feels a little funky, soft so to speak and wobbles when he walks. We stuck him in a ten gallon with a reptisun on him for 30 min as we removed the UTH heating rock and sand. We gave him a bath and his orange color went away instanty(sand). He drank a lot of water and then starting coughing/sneezing. Now he's back in his 55 with paper towels. He is able to hold his head up and can move a little more than expected. Now, do I stop the high protein food or continue since he's used to them? I tried giving him a dubia and he just stared.

We are currently on our way to petco to buy new decor and lamps and a new UVB as he's using baileys light. He's already trying to eat out ferret so were covering the sides.

Now, what else should I do? Bailey had mbd when we got her but it definitely wasnt this bad.
He feels so fragile that He's goin to break but I checked and he is definitely a boy.

D7DD7A12-0622-4EA4-8D20-7D9C72447F3C-4880-000004958382B24F_zpsd35807bb.jpg

B10A06A9-D37F-4B3B-97F8-73CD834B09D2-4880-00000495901D6791_zpsb4a02a15.jpg

1528E844-0BB6-454D-BD16-A946FF5BA508-4880-0000049599DFB9D1_zps631a457c.jpg

839DE46E-805B-4F30-94A6-81C82226598F-4880-000004959E4496C8_zps768bac97.jpg

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I didn't want to stress him even more so ill probably cut them in about 2 days or so :( he seems so much happier. It was depressing seeing him on the heat rock, he couldn't even move. He also seems very mellow for someone who was only handled for nail clippings, I've been poking him here and there (nails got stuck in the hammock and i poked shed on his face lol) and he doesn't mind.

His nose did have what looked like blood, idk if you can see it in the pics but I was able to get that off. I just can't wait to see that shape of his teeth and mouth.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Hard to tell if that was blood or not. Good luck with the nail clippings. Will be following everything on Bandit's thread... Does she know she is sharing her thread now?

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol she's sleeping so it'll be a secret ;) she was so grouchy today that I had to turn her lights off at 1 pm so she could sleep :roll:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
You have a spoiled little princess :lol: But she sure is adorable. Jace tucked himself in today all by himself :( They grow up and turn into teenagers way to fast.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Any experienced mbd owners,
Is that typical of mbd on his hind leg?!? His skin like folded over and caved in??? Also, he's only pooping urates. 3 times today. And it's like little circles of mush.

C985D080-CEE2-4B19-A818-2121313B390A-5184-000004BE74BB414E_zps9bc6412a.jpg

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay so I posted this in my others bd thread but hopefully someone here can help.
Okay so his basking spot is the hammock. It hits weird temps like 89-95 (it's a 150 watt Exoterra intense so I know it gets hot I was scared it was getting too hot yesterday when I touched him and he was like fire) when I check his temp with the temp gun he ranges from 100-105. Is that good? He seems like he loves it. He lays there and won't move. Also he hasn't really touched food but right now I'm on my way to Dominick's to get a buncha baby food. Also, where do you buy critical care?

Also he coughs after bath time. He doesn't make clicking noise it's just right after. He's been very thirsty for 2 days now.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I replied in Bandits thread. I have experience with leopard gecko mbd but not beardie. I think he looks really good, considering where he came from. As for the urates, you are sure it is a boy? I know that females will poop small amounts several times a day before they lay. If he is definitely male then he could just not have any food in his system and that is why he is only pooping urates. As for the coughing, I would just keep open ears for clicking and watch for mucus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom