Adopted Beardie...small for age.help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite

Original Poster
Here's some updated pics. Apparently, I have a Sandfire dragon. She gets more and more red with each shed, which she is in these pics. She actually seems to constantly be in shed. Which is good considering how much catch up work she is doing!

6/4/12
34pkidz.jpg

2i6fhnb.jpg

6/5/12
105zhqv.jpg

These 2 were taken yesterday (6/12/14)
2ceqmir.jpg

1zyzyfd.jpg

kbro

Hatchling Member
Holy cow! She is definitely growing tons now! Keep up all the great work, she is so beautiful. :D (I hope it's a she, otherwise handsome lol)

How is the bonding going? Is she more comfortable with you now?

infinite

Original Poster
kbro":12489qwr said:
Holy cow! She is definitely growing tons now! Keep up all the great work, she is so beautiful. :D (I hope it's a she, otherwise handsome lol)

How is the bonding going? Is she more comfortable with you now?

Ha Ha! Thanks KBRO. The bonding is going quite well. She (?) I am about 80% sure she is a she:), She's way more comfortable. She willingly let's me pet her head to loosen her shedding skin, eats from my hand directly (open palm), no gaping when picked up for short periods inside viv! I am happy with the progress, itching to hold her out of viv, going to progress to that next week!

Thanks for asking!

kbro

Hatchling Member
Oh that's great! I'm so glad to hear it's going well. I was looking back, I can't believe the size change, she looks so much bigger now. What's she measuring at now? You must be so proud.

infinite

Original Poster
Definitely proud. To be honest, I have kinda stopped measuring and just observing. I would guess she's about 10" or a bit longer. Definitely need to soon I suppose. I am glad to hear that you notice the growth! Gonna try to measure her this week.

kbro

Hatchling Member
The growth is very noticeable when looking at the pictures of her in the tree especially, before she looked so tiny in it, now she is almost looking like she will outgrow it soon! I would love to hear what she measures when you get a chance. I like seeing the updates.

rklisesf

wow thanks for the update! this makes me feel so much better lol. Im going to go ahead and try to see about getting the next size up crickets as mentioned along with a wider variety.

Beautiful beardie!

infinite

Original Poster
rklisesf":247xqi6v said:
wow thanks for the update! this makes me feel so much better lol. Im going to go ahead and try to see about getting the next size up crickets as mentioned along with a wider variety.

Beautiful beardie!

Awesome!! Let us know how it goes. Happy the info helped a bit.

infinite

Original Poster
kbro":7i535qy6 said:
The growth is very noticeable when looking at the pictures of her in the tree especially, before she looked so tiny in it, now she is almost looking like she will outgrow it soon! I would love to hear what she measures when you get a chance. I like seeing the updates.

Hey Kbro,

You are absolutely right. She's towering over that tree now. I finally bonded with the little girl enough to progress past tail rubs and the occasional head rub. I held her today and my rough estimate is that she is now 10"-11" Snout - Tail possibly longer. Will try an official measurement tomorrow.

Here's a pic from Sat morning
nnpa0y.jpg

kbro

Hatchling Member
She looks quite dignified in that picture, I love it! She did have some catching up to do and it seems to be going great! In the next couple of weeks I bet she will be double the size she was when you got her. I'm so happy to hear you've bonded with her now :blob5:. See I told you it may take some time to bond but you would get there. She looks very healthy and happy!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
wow she has grown. I told ya to be patient and that she would go through a growth spurt. She is gorgeous!

infinite

Original Poster
Thanks Kbro and Tonja! Hard to believe that this is the same dark and tiny dragon that I got just 3 months ago. In both size and color. That said, she does have some ways to go, but I sure am happy that she is doing well!!!

The advice I have gotten from you two have helped a lot!

She is quite the pig. On Wed I picked up 100 smaller LG Sized crickets, I had 4 alive this morning and only 8 dead!!! I had to make another trip to my local herp center today and this time I got 150 of the full LG size to see if this helps to feed "piggy".

Can't believe how much she's eating these days. 2 trips in a week is a first! I can't wait to get my dubia colony going :)

kbro

Hatchling Member
Lol I've been through that before, is she trying her greens at all? They can chow down quite a bit at times, almost want to look behind them and see if it's just coming right out :D

Be careful with the bigger size, make sure they are not too big.

infinite

Original Poster
She "nibbles" at her greens. Although sometimes she will eat a good portion. I keep those varied and have noticed anything that she HAS TO HAVE, except for spinach which I do in limited moderation. She of course would like what she not have, right!

Yeah... I don't the large crickets are too big for her, definitely have been cautious. Just need some more meat/shell :).

If these crickets were to enter her mouth sideways, they fit. From what I read about the rule "between eyes", sounds like this would be good,...right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom