Adenovirus after host has left

coleslaw4dinner

I had to put my beardie down because of the adenovirus (RIP Stevie :cry: ) about a month and a half ago, and I'm looking into getting another. I've rebuilt the tank, but am concerned about the other, solid items that I've had locked away in the closet for a while (after bleaching them a bit).

How long does the adenovirus last outside of a host? Could there be traces of the virus (on my floor or table, for example) that can last longer than a month and a half, that I should be concerned about? I wasn't able to find much information online regarding this. I really don't want to infect a future beardie that I acquire.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure how long the virus can last on surfaces. It's certainly better to be safe with that one though. I suggest using a steam cleaner to disinfect everything, or using a veterinary disinfectant like F10. If you are able to clean and then disinfect all of the surfaces, then I'd think the risk of transmission to a new dragon would be minimal. It's good to have some F10 and/or a steam cleaner on hand anyway so you can disinfect surfaces easily on a regular basis.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I see my lizard is being given Allopurinol 100ml tablet 10mg/ml (0.4) and tramadol 0.2ml every other day to help with gout. I have tramadol at home can I water it down and give it to her and if so do anyone know how much to water down ?
323A2CAE-899F-4592-90D2-DC37D45A30F1.jpeg

Baby photo! Look at how little and cute I was!!!
C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayanarka
Top Bottom