Active when let out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay0

every time i take my bearded dragon out, Marley, he goes crazy after about 5 to 10 minutes. hell stay in my hand just curious but after that hes gotta get away it seems. hes about 4 to 5 months old tho. the other day i had him on my arm and he was find for about 5 min but then just took off jumping off my bed and refusing to be caught. i got him shortly after and didnt put him right back in his cage cuz i didnt want him to think he could just act up and be put away. is this normal for them to be active like this when hes younger and hell settle down in a few months? ive also had him for 2 weeks. i want him to be calm and just chill for hours like other peoples, hopefully.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
they do generally calm down as they get older. I have a 6 mo old and she does the same thing. Once and a while she'll just chill, but usually not for long. She loves to jump, run and hide. She loves to chase the cat too.. even though the cat is many times bigger than her (no worries, the cat doesn't have claws and just paws at her or runs away :D )

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Yes, they do calm down as they get older. Give her a few more years and she'll act like a statue... lol... :shock:

Dawn :D

ewstokes

Juvie Member
Not my male. He's nearly 3 and he goes all over the place for about 30 minutes. Then he goes to the cat cube and crashes. It's hilarious.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
What is it with those kitty condos?? Rex loves to climb into the bottom floor of my cat's tower also. When the cat shows up... :shock: "Hey, find your own hiding spot!!!"

ewstokes

Juvie Member
gulfbrzdawn":6066d said:
What is it with those kitty condos?? Rex loves to climb into the bottom floor of my cat's tower also. When the cat shows up... :shock: "Hey, find your own hiding spot!!!"
Lol I dont know but it had a fleece blanket in it. I think that's what did it. My frillie also ran around and as soon as she felt the fleece blanket on her tummy, she just layed down and didn't move an inch. It was really cute.

I set up my light so he can bask under it when he's out on the floor in my room. That way he can keep himself warm and stay out for quite a while hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom