Active for the last 2 days - out of brumation? inc poo pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron775

Hi,

Our beardie has been brumating since before nov, and has mainly been in his hide all that period apart from coming out for a bath when awake.

Over the last few weeks he had ventured out the odd day to bask then had gone back into his hide.

The last 2 days his been out of his hide and slept over the basking side of the viv. Today I decided to give him a bath as his skin looked a little dehydrated, about 10 mins into the bath he had a poo, this is the first time he's ever done it whilst having a bath.

I have only offered him veg twice whilst he's been brumating and I wasn't aware he had touched it as always turned it down. Last poo he had was way before nov 2014.

Sorry for the poo pic, should I have the vet do a check on it?

And should I leave him to it or take away his hide and offer food?

poo3.jpg

poo2.jpg

beardie.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it all sounds very normal, and he looks good + healthy. Let him come around to becoming more active on his own, offer food in a few days. As long as he is not breathing heavy , coughing, etc. he should be in good shape.

aaron775

Original Poster
AHBD":2wuf2caf said:
Hi there....it all sounds very normal, and he looks good + healthy. Let him come around to becoming more active on his own, offer food in a few days. As long as he is not breathing heavy , coughing, etc. he should be in good shape.

Hi AHBD,

Do you know what an acceptable weight loss is during brumation?
Ours weighed 426g and has maintained this weight since the vet checked him months ago, and todays weighing says he's now 410g, also have to take into account he had that poop last week so that must have weighed some:)
I think his length is 16.5" roughly, I'll double check shortly and he's around 7yr old.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom