Acting strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emjay22

Hi everyone,
Lately I’ve noticed that my 1 1/2 year old bearded dragon Has been acting differently. She eats and drinks the same as she always has, but she’s acting more lethargic when she’s inside her viv. When I take her out she perks back up again.
Sometimes she’ll go over to the back corner of her viv and just lay there, and won’t move until I prompt her to. She’s also glass surfing more than usual, and sometimes will remain the same colour But puff up, like her whole body’s Kind of swollen. If I touch her or feed her when she’s like that, she’ll go back to normal.
I can list off any husbandry or good details if I need to, and I’m sorry if this isn’t a big of a deal s as I’m making it seem, I’m a little paranoid when it comes to her health.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please tell us what your using for a UVB? Is it a coil or tube? Where in the tank? Top of screen or inside the tank? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them? Infared heat gun or digital probe thermometer or stickon?
Karrie

Emjay22

Original Poster
Thanks for your response!
I use a reptisun 10.0 tube light, and it’s on the inside of the tank.
Her basking spot is pretty large, the hottest part being 107 on the temp gun (107/8 on the thermometer) and coldest part being 103 on the gun (100/101 on the thermometer)
Her colder area of the tank is 84-87 degrees.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the UVB is a what ? Is it a T 5 or a T 8 and what is the basking distance from decor piece? How old is the UVB? Has she ever laid eggs before ? Have you felt for eggs? Is she just glass surfing or digging?
Karrie

Emjay22

Original Poster
The UVB is a T5, and it’s about 10 inches from the basking place. It’s a two month old bulb (I replace them every six months). She’s never laid any eggs, and I haven’t felt any lumps in her stomach or anything. I’ve also given her some baths and she’s still pooping, so I’m pretty sure she’s not impacted.
She does glass surf, but not often. Only really when I have food ready and I’m about to give it to her, or I’m near her rank and she wants to come out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the T 5 needs to be 12-15 inches from her basking decor piece --- and that is normal behavior when wanting to come out for the glass surfing -- your UVB can last up to a year but normally its good to change it out about a month before -- what are the basking temps? and how are you taking them? Is she basking at all or only when you put her there ?? Temps could cause the behavior and w/ her only laying in the corner of her tank the back part is it the hot side or cold side?
Karrie

Emjay22

Original Poster
I’ll move the T5, thank you.
She does bask, usually After I feed her. Her basking spot is pretty large, the hottest part being 107 on the temp gun (107/8 on the thermometer) and coldest part being 103 on the gun (100/101 on the thermometer)
Her colder area of the tank is 84-87 degrees.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well just keep an eye on her - she sounds like she is just wanting the cooler temps and that is normal as long as she basking eating and pooping and not losing weight she should be fine
Karrie

Emjay22

Original Poster
Thank you!
She’s still eating fine, but I’ll keep monitoring her to make sure something strange doesn’t happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom