Acting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpy12

I got my little guy about 1 1/2 mo ago. He was 7 inches and is now up to 11 inches. He was eating great and growing like a weed. His 29 in long by 12" by 12" enclosure is starting to look small. My husband built a melamine enclosure 70"x20"x16". The switch did not go well at all. He went from eating 50 crickets three times a day (took him 5 min to do it) to 23-40 for the whole day. He went from being my sweet boy that would climb onto my hand up up to my shoulder to running away. After 3 days he had a complete and I mean complete freak out. I feed him in his "feeding box" and he started bashing his head into the side and hissed at me! He has NEVER been aggressive before. Obviously I said that's it and made the switch back. Bother enclosures have a good basking light and Reptisun 10.0 tube UVB light inside the enclosure. I had no idea he would freak out so bad giving him more space. Today is 3rd day since switching him back to his old enclosure. He is back to climbing on my hand and eats 20-40 crickets 3 times a day. Except he didn't eat this morning. Otherwise he's completely normal. I guess I'm wondering if his enclosure freak out was normal and if anyone can offer ideas as to why he freaked so bad. He's also using his hides more then he ever did before and shedding. I know people are talking about the start of burmation but he's not sleeping during the day and at about 5 months isn't he too young?

Shrimpy12

Original Poster
Forgot to mention his crickets are dusted with calcium daily and twice a week Reptical Herbvit. He eats veggies dusted with calcium (turnip greens and kale are a fav). He is also having normal and regular (2-3 times daily) bowel movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom