Acting lethargic and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
No poop today :( I hope to get one tomorrow because he's sleeping right now. I should have his yogurt and baby food by tomorrow too. And yes, it will be soy yogurt. I know dairy is really bad for them. As soon as Duke is up in the morning, I'll try to get him to poop.

Erin

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Just wanted to update. I'm bringing in a fecal at 1 to the vet's. Still no poop yet but I am trying very hard. I'm giving him a squash baby food olive oil mix now, and if that doesn't work, I'll try with some applesauce.

Erin

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Putting heat on his belly with the rice sock will help get him too poo also. Judah has been stoped up a few times because he was hangin out in cooler zones of his tank. So I would do the oilve oil, probiotics & bb food mix and then put him on my chest with a heating pad under him and just massage his back. Sometimes this only took one time and he would poo after an hr or so of laying on me, sometimes it would take a few days of the same routine. But the heat on the belly works wonders.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I totally agree that the heat on the belly works very well. Let us know how you make out.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I was in a huge rush yesterday because Duke wouldn't poop. I fed him the squash and olive oil, bathed him, put him on the warm rice sock, and then repeated until he pooped. He finally pooped after the 4th bath :roll: and I rushed to the vet's. They haven't called yet with results but I hope it's good. My mom bought the soy yogurt, applesauce, and baby food today. Unfortunately, they didn't have plain chicken so she got chicken and vegetable, which I hope is ok. Thanks guys for the help and support!

Erin

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I just received a call from the vet today (finally!). I was so happy to hear that Duke's poop is CLEAN! He is now pinworm free, thanks to Panacur and the help of BD.org! I hope he starts to regain his weight, now that he is no longer sick. I also hope is brumation is safe too, as it's never happened before. My new reptisun also arrived today. I've been trying with feeders but he still won't eat any worms! I've been going with his babyfoods, apple sauce, soy yogurt, and Acidophilz now. I think we're going to be ok! Just want to say thank you so much for helping me during the toughest time in Duke's life so far. I know it may not seem like a big deal because it was a minor parasite and a little brumation but it means the world to Duke and I! Thanks so much you guys! I don't know how I could've made it through without this site or its caring members.

Erin

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Erin, that's great that Duke is free from all parasites. :blob5: :blob8: That must make you feel SO much better.

Since he's lost so much weight, I suggest you continue with what you're feeding now as far as the mixture goes but continue to offer fresh greens and feeders to see if he will eat those. Hopefully now that he is on the probiotic it will help his stomach feel better & increase his appetite. I would also try to prevent him brumating until he gains back some of the weight he lost.

Thanks for posting the good news. :wink:

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Oh that is such great news Erin! I am very happy to hear that. and ya hopefully you can get his weight back up a little bit before the lil guys goes down for a nap! Keep up with da bb foods & acidophiliz :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :D horay!

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! I'm so happy! I tried with the feeders, no luck. I'm preparing some greens for Duke and hopefully he'll eat them. He is already walking around more in his enclosure instead of napping and he's no longer hiding under his log. Good signs, and I'm very excited! He loves baby food and I'm continuing with the probiotic. Hopefully he'll be back to his own self soon! I can already see a difference.

Thanks again,
Erin

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
Yeah Judah refusses to eat his greens out of a bowl anymore, but he will take the bb food freely. I litterly have to force him to eat greens any more, he just got to use to hand feeding. So unless mom sticks it in his mouth he usually wont just grab it and eat it (unless its fruit or dalihas) lil brat :D So be carefull hand feeding him, I mean you gotta do what you gotta do to get him healthy but dont be supprised if he gets spoiled. :D

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
When Duke wasn't unhealthy and didn't have pinworms, he would eat his greens I put in a little dish in his tank. Duke will only eat worms if I hand feed him. It's always been that way since he was a baby! Even when I fed crickets (shudder) he would catch a few, then he would look at me and practically made me hold them down! He is so spoiled but I love the little guy!

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
:D
Yeah Im really not sure where the hand feeding came in with Judah. He use to eat out of his bowl freely no problem! at 1 1/2 old he would eat handfully of any salad I gave him. Then one day.... I think it is because in summer we have a garden and he is allowed to freely roam and eat what ever salad greens and such he chooses. But even then sometimes he just didnt want to eat. It is amazing how much he was eatting and then bam it just slowed way way down about the time he hit 2 years old. The other thing was I was going out of town on weekend trips so my aunt would feed him and take care of him while I was gone. She tried everything even like strawberries and such but he'd refuse food the entier time I was gone. So he wouldn't eat like 3 days at a time untill I came home and took him out to the garden to eat. Poor lil guy missed me and was on a hunger strike till mom got home.

Like a say there are a few things he will eat freely from my hand like the good sweet stuff, his fav is Saturn peaches, but if I put it in a bowl "No way mom! You think im going to pick that up and put it in my own mouth?" and he will eat the dalihas if I lay them in front of him. Too bad they will all be gone soon :( Veggies I acctual have to stick the pieces in his mouth, sometimes he will go ahead and chew them, most of the time he spits them out. I have to stick them back in there untill he chews it. I can only get him to eat like 2 dandelion leaves untill he like "nope full mom, spitin it out now, no more." Roaches he will finally chase again, for a while I couldnt hardley get him to eat them either. He would maybe eat 1 freely every few days, othertimes same deal, I had to stick a few in his mouth (one at a time of course) just so he would get some protine. I didnt want to force him to eat. If I tryed to just put it in front of him to eat, he wouldnt touch it. So I made sure he at least had 8 roaches per week, I just cant believe how stubborn he was, you would think he'd be starving. He wasnt sick or anything he was just board of all his foods I guess.

It is in just the last 2 weeks that he has started eatting about 8 or more roaches every other day. The last few days and I can put them in the tank in front of him and he will eat them now. If they run too much he does the same thing sorta chases them a little but if its too much effort he looks at me like "MOM, hold it for me!" so I hold its leg down so it can't run. They are so funny how picky stuborn and spoiled they can get! :whip:

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Your beardie sounds very spoiled! Lucky for me, Duke will eat greens from a dish. For now, at least :roll: He can be really frustrating at times, especially when he won't eat, but I love him anyway! Gotta love our dragons! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom