Absolutely appalled at what I viewed on "youtube"!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEHSTJ

:protest: You wouldn't believe what I saw on youtube. I just followed a thread and it was an innocent video of the arm waving behaviour. However, just being curious I scrolled down the other videos that are on the right hand side of the screen. I clicked on one that said something like lizard gets eaten by beardie. Something dumb like that. OMG!!!! The video was of this poor lizard (not sure what type) placed in with a bearded dragon and being attacked and eaten by this dragon. At the end of the video that dragon actually bites a tankmate! I could not fathom why these people would subject that poor lizard to it's horrible death like that. I also read names of other videos and realized that some people stage fights with their beardies and even prevoke them to fight to the death of one of them!!!! Poor little lizards!! :cry: The sites have the comment ability disabled so I could not reem them out! If I could get my hands on those people.

I loathe animal abuse! I once took a cane from a man that beat his dog (a yellow lab) over the back. I raised the cane and hit the man on the back of the legs - HARD! :x I was only 15 at the time and reacted purely out of emotion, but I was unable to tolerate the abuse. I called the humane society to report the man and told them what park he had been at. I ran as fast as I could after I hit him and was lucky not to be charged with assault!

What can be done about people who are abusing these animals and then posting it as if they had something to be proud of? What is wrong with today's youth? Not all are bad, but it seems that some have no remorse and could care less about life whether it is human or animal!

I think my adrenaline is pumping through my veins now and my heartbeat quickened, because my baby dragon that is sleeping on my chest/shoulder just woke up and gave me "the" stare! Got to go for now - I don't think I'll check out anymore videos that sound questionable!

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Have you got the link to it so we can watch it?(& no I'm not some sad sicko!) Beardies do eat other lizards, including themselves, but yep, not something u would willingly subject the poor eaten one to. Some people u just can't tell though hey!

Doesj

Hatchling Member
not that I approve feeding lizards to your beardie. But really, what's the difference between feeding another lizard to your beardie, feeding a live pinkie to your beardie and "your" beardie eating other lizards in the wild?

I'm still convinced people shouldn't do it, and I emotionally find it alot worse than feeding mice to my snake, but it IS essentially the same... A predator eating its prey.

About the one beardie biting the other: that I think IS something which should be avoided at all costs. Same goes for the man beating the dog.

CEHSTJ

Original Poster
I realize the predator/prey thing, but it was the manner in which it occurred. The "owner" kept on taking away the lizard after it was bitten to keep the "fight" lasting longer. If the beardie tried to eat it, the owner took it away and "teased" him with it. It was the torture of the lizard that bothered me. It wasn't just placed in there for food. I for one will not feed my beardie "pinkies", even though they may eat them in the wild. I don't believe it is wrong to do, just not my thing. Also, the video with the beardies fighting together until one died was apparently the only reason for the two of them being placed together. I don't condone animals being placed together to fight "until the end" for the amusement of others. It doesn't sit well with me. Just my opinion. :wink:

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
i just try to not watch youtube or any other internet video site for that matter. I know it seems like I am just pretending the problem doesn't exist with this approach but I am not. If people would stop watching this ****, then people would stop posting it. Everybody wants there 15 mintues and do some sick and demented things to get it... :banghead:

CEHSTJ

Original Poster
I am with you about not watching the videos. That was only my second time on youtube and I am not too impressed. I did not watch any other videos after the two and plan on NEVER watching videos there unless it is from someone in my family or a close friend!

Thanks for the idea on flagging the videos for animal abuse, will do! Someone needs to be a voice for these hurting animals.

beardlover

Juvie Member
Doesj":38ad1 said:
not that I approve feeding lizards to your beardie. But really, what's the difference between feeding another lizard to your beardie, feeding a live pinkie to your beardie and "your" beardie eating other lizards in the wild?

The difference...you probably aren't feeding a LIVE pinkie and it's not reccomended anyways...it is hard for your beardie to digest. Wild beardies are different then domesticated ones. Just like wild dogs are different, you wouldn't feed your pet dog a live rabbit or chicken would you?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
beardlover":f1e3b said:
Doesj":f1e3b said:

The difference...you probably aren't feeding a LIVE pinkie and it's not reccomended anyways...it is hard for your beardie to digest. Wild beardies are different then domesticated ones. Just like wild dogs are different, you wouldn't feed your pet dog a live rabbit or chicken would you?

unfortunately the issue with that is where does it end? ultimately there are people that think we are incredibly cruel for feeding crickets and other various insects to our dragons. Craigslist won't even allow you to sell and type of feeder insect on there without getting flagged.

beardlover

Juvie Member
GoFast":4f704 said:
unfortunately the issue with that is where does it end? ultimately there are people that think we are incredibly cruel for feeding crickets and other various insects to our dragons. Craigslist won't even allow you to sell and type of feeder insect on there without getting flagged.

You are all too right.
I think what it always has and always will come down too is a personal opinion on the matter.
That being said, in my personal opinion - I have yet to come across a means of getting my BD the needed protein that doesn't involve the killing of a living creature, insects however meet her needs while being "only bugs" (I say that because how often do we kill bugs without thinking...spiders, ants, bees, mosquitos, etc.). There is no need to feed live prey to household dogs, or cats as they can get their dietary requirments through other means and it would be (or should be - IMO) concidered animal cruelty if someone was to feed their dog a live rabbit (for example); a snake however, would have a hard time if it weren't eating mice.

But I suppose the main issue of this thread is that the killing of one animal by another for the sole entertainment of a human is wrong and cruel. It needs to be stopped.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
beardlover":0d325 said:
But I suppose the main issue of this thread is that the killing of one animal by another for the sole entertainment of a human is wrong and cruel. It needs to be stopped.

and that is the exactly right!

beardlover

Juvie Member
So, while I was working....by that I mean watching vids on youtube, I came across the video I think you watched. "lizard death by bearded dragon with fight" - HORRIBLE.
Normally I try to stay away from questionable vids because if watching a video like this won't help stop it from happening and if i don't have to see it i don't want too - but after reading this thread I was curious as to how cruel it actually was.
By the way, I think the lizard that was eaten (and ripped apart by 2 beardies) was an anole.

Bret

GoFast":dd67f said:
i just try to not watch youtube or any other internet video site for that matter. I know it seems like I am just pretending the problem doesn't exist with this approach but I am not. If people would stop watching this *****, then people would stop posting it. Everybody wants there 15 mintues and do some sick and demented things to get it... :banghead:

Seen the Movie "Untracable"" Exactly what it is that you are saying!! .. If I ever caught any of them in the act, they wouldn't have to worry what the court system was going to do with them!! :angry5:

Doesj

Hatchling Member
CEHSTJ, After reading your second description, which did sound incredibly cruel, I looked up said video on youtube. I'm guessing I didn't find it, because I DID get one video of 2 beardies fighting for an anole, but nowhere did the one beardie fight the other.

None the less: I fully agree that torturing animals for the sole purpose of entertainment should be severely punished!

And whoever said beardies don't get live pinkies may be right, but my snake gets a live mouse every 2 weeks. This is just most the natural food for it...

SuperMom30

Hatchling Member
:puke: ok that was just sick! Sadly it is not animal abuse as I have seen places selling Anoles as feeders. I talked to a breeder a few years back that was all about feeding anoles as feeders to dragons. I think it's sick and the way it was done was horried (poor little guy :cry: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom