Abnormal Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerflufle

Hello all, I am new to owning a dragon as well as to this site but recently Ive had a problem with my baby boy, Midas. He is about 5-7 months now as I got him in christmas around 11inches and he is now 16 including his tail. He has shed 3 times since being with me and I did do plenty of research before making the purchase. However recently he is shedding however only the bottom half of his back turned white and shed, Should I be concerned about the upper half? By now both the upper and lower half are almost identical in colour. I bath him once to twice a week unless he's shedding than I do it every other to every 3 days. He's shed his head, arms and lower back now but I don't know if its okay that his upper back doesn't appear to be shedding at the moment nor has it started to turn white?

It's fine. They don't always shed the whole body at once. Sometimes they will shed in different places before others so don't worry about it.

syoung27

Hatchling Member
They almost always she'd in stages, I wouldn't worry too much. Part of my beardie tale just Shedded, the end half is still faded so that will soon too, and his mouth appears it's going to shed soon too.
Mines about 6 months old, it has never had a full body shed all at once so don't worry. I think it just depends how they're growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom