abnormal poo & not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladym89

so we have had our corn snake for almost 2 years now and this month our girl shed twice and is not taking food we offer her. It has been a month since she ate last and she was on a schedule that she would shed then eat. But apparently not this month. She did deficate and her pee was more green/yellow than white and her poo was black
anyone else??

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Well, I've never had a corn snake, but I know that frequent shedding is a sign of parasites (flagellates, specifically). How often is she shedding?

Ladym89

Original Poster
normally once a month and its right before she eats....aw i hope she doesnt have those :( i had to go through that with my beardie too

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
This is what I found when I did a search on corn snake illness (figured good idea to look since i'm getting 1 tonight).

Record the corn snake's food intake for several weeks. Although it's normal for corn snakes to refuse food, especially if they're preparing to shed, if the snake shows no interest in food for more than two weeks you should consult a veterinarian.

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Well, flagellates are really easy to treat, so they're not so bad.

Hmm, once a month is what my ball python was doing when she had flagellates. Be aware I'm going on the assumption that the symptoms are the same for balls and corns. Does she have trouble shedding too (that's another symptom)?

Ladym89

Original Poster
thanks for the replies...i think i will be taking her to the vets i just need to wait for a fecal sample to come because i kno they always ask for that to test

she has never had a problem shedding...the second shed she had this monthshe had a bit of difficulity, she was exausted while she was doing it cuz she hadnt ate yet (well thats what i assuing) but she has never have a problem since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom