A Vivarium to buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am definitely buying a vivarium due to my lack of experience with power tools and such... And plus contacting my mom's boyfriend to help will just be too much of a hassle and I can't do it alone. I want to know the following about http://www.customcages.com/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=74
Does it have all of the lights for it already set up?
Do I have to build it or does it ship fully assembled?
Is it okay for a 15 inch beardie?

I want to really get a couple of these for my two bearded dragons but I just want to know if they're okay to use is all...
Thanks!!

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
XxReptileGrlxX":473a7 said:

It sounds like it comes with the lamps installed. The actual bulbs will come packaged to keep them from breaking.

I have worked with plastic cage companies that will only ship unassembled, only ship assembled, and some that are flexible with either. I can't find any info on their site. You may have to send an email. Unassembled shipping is MUCH cheaper, I'm talking $20 instead of $150. The only plastic cage company I have ordered from is Animal Plastics (and my order still hasn't arrived :?), and they ship unassembled, but they put together the units before they ship to make sure everything fits, and there are already holes drilled and everything; should be very easy to put together. I'm with you; I have no carpentry skills whatsoever!

Absolutely.

I'm a bit confused; does the "incandescent lamp kit" come with a basking bulb, or is the heat emitter the only heat source? If it is, you may need another bulb to provide extra heat.

Also, the ReptiSun 5.0 only gives off 5% UV exposure, and isn't quite enough for a beardie; I reccommend a ReptiSun 10.0, which gives off 10% UV radiation.

So, it sounds like a good deal, but you may need to make a few changes.

XxReptileGrlxX

Original Poster
herpfreak":ae2e1 said:
XxReptileGrlxX":ae2e1 said:

It sounds like it comes with the lamps installed. The actual bulbs will come packaged to keep them from breaking.

I have worked with plastic cage companies that will only ship unassembled, only ship assembled, and some that are flexible with either. I can't find any info on their site. You may have to send an email. Unassembled shipping is MUCH cheaper, I'm talking $20 instead of $150. The only plastic cage company I have ordered from is Animal Plastics (and my order still hasn't arrived :?), and they ship unassembled, but they put together the units before they ship to make sure everything fits, and there are already holes drilled and everything; should be very easy to put together. I'm with you; I have no carpentry skills whatsoever!

Absolutely.

I'm a bit confused; does the "incandescent lamp kit" come with a basking bulb, or is the heat emitter the only heat source? If it is, you may need another bulb to provide extra heat.

Also, the ReptiSun 5.0 only gives off 5% UV exposure, and isn't quite enough for a beardie; I reccommend a ReptiSun 10.0, which gives off 10% UV radiation.

So, it sounds like a good deal, but you may need to make a few changes.

Wow, thanks! :) After looking around, I did find that it comes ready to assemble. But it says all I need is a screw-tipped power drill. =D And yes, I will be sure to pick up the bulbs that don't come with. Thank you very much! ^^

SteveOhh

Let me know what your thoughts are on their cages. I considered getting one as well. Did you notice that right now you get a free stand with any cage order?? Make sure you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom