a small dilemma turks and dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
we have a dubia colony, about 100 femals and 40-50 males give or take, i haven't done a recent count. they can not keep up with my dragon, she eats too much too fast, so i need something else i can feed while the dubia recoup. now i have a smaller 30 gal steralite colored bin i used to keep the dubia babies in as a feeder bin, and i have been looking into turks. we have been feeding our dragon crix again, but they stink, she hates them, and i hate buying them, so im thinking of getting 1k turks since they are pretty cheap, im not looking to start up a colony or anything, just need an alternate feeder while the dubia play catch up, so i need something else to feed for 2-3 months. is this a bad idea?

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I actually DO have a colony of turks to go with my dubia. My Mojo LOVES them both. Just be careful, the turks are FAST. Make dubia look slow as snails. I kid you not. however they do not live long without the humidity of their bin.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Carnivorouszoo":2gorskyh said:
I actually DO have a colony of turks to go with my dubia. My Mojo LOVES them both. Just be careful, the turks are FAST. Make dubia look slow as snails. I kid you not. however they do not live long without the humidity of their bin.
allie has a pretty deep food dish made out of metal, a dogs water dish, as long as they cant climb out i can handle them from there, just need something so the dubia can play a little catch up

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Ah, I do have to use a 3 inch deep dish, I had them getting out of one that was 1 inch deep and 2 inches deep. Though usually Mojo gulps them up before they can escape lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom